Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 23rd, 2005 06:00

Fanspeed of Dimesion 8300

Hi!

I have a Dimension 3000.

problem: the fanspeed doesn´t calm down after getting faster and louder. When I boot the PC everything is ok -- fanspeed si calm and quiet. Working for a while with PC the fan speed is getting faster and louder -- that´s normal. But the fanspeed and noise dooesn´t calm down again till I reboot the systemn again. The PC is online all day long, the temprature of the room is about 20 degree Celsius, fans are free from dust, the fan of the Radeon 9800 is also working well, there are no intensive working programs in the task. Stopping this programs downs´t help to solve the problem.

Bios is A007

Please help!

best regards
Robert

265 Posts

May 23rd, 2005 09:00

@svugr wrote:
Hi!

I have a Dimension 3000.

problem: the fanspeed doesn´t calm down after getting faster and louder. When I boot the PC everything is ok -- fanspeed si calm and quiet. Working for a while with PC the fan speed is getting faster and louder -- that´s normal. But the fanspeed and noise dooesn´t calm down again till I reboot the systemn again. The PC is online all day long, the temprature of the room is about 20 degree Celsius, fans are free from dust, the fan of the Radeon 9800 is also working well, there are no intensive working programs in the task. Stopping this programs downs´t help to solve the problem.

Bios is A007

Please help!

best regards
Robert

Make sure you have plenty of room surrounding your machine so cool air can circulate. If your machine is in a desk enclosure this will inhibit air flow. Check for spyware and viruses. I will assume you have a D8300 (you mentioned in your subject line) instead of a D3000 (you mentioned in your message) since a 9800 graphics card would not work with it.

6 Posts

May 23rd, 2005 17:00

Hi !

Sorry, my fault ... it´s a Dimension 8300.  The PC is under the table and there a least 50 cm to the wall. Nothing is near the PC. The PC works fine a few weeks ago on the same place....

There can´t be any virus I have installed the Enterprise Edition of MCAffee 8.0 and  Adware Lavasoft is running every week. I´ve checked the temperatur of the CPU, the harddisk and the graphic card -- everything is normal.

Robert

265 Posts

May 23rd, 2005 18:00

@svugr wrote:

Hi !

Sorry, my fault ... it´s a Dimension 8300.  The PC is under the table and there a least 50 cm to the wall. Nothing is near the PC. The PC works fine a few weeks ago on the same place....

There can´t be any virus I have installed the Enterprise Edition of MCAffee 8.0 and  Adware Lavasoft is running every week. I´ve checked the temperatur of the CPU, the harddisk and the graphic card -- everything is normal.

Robert

some of the D8300's where shipped with defective heatsinks so that maybe one area to look into. if that pans out then another case fan is probably in order. Both of these parts are proprietary so you will have to go to dell for them. hopefully your system is still under warrenty.
No Events found!