Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 9th, 2013 23:00

Firewire card for my xps8500

I'm just about done installing my 2 port firewire PCIe RoHs and the power Y splitter that came with my firewire card will not work with the power connection in the xps 8500 2 different connections, The power y splitter that came with the firewire card has 4 large male connections with the 4 x 4 female connector can you help me with this issue, Thanks Tom

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

January 10th, 2013 04:00

Hi Tom,

To provide a resolution to this issue, we need additional information:

1. Are you referring to the FireWire 2-Port PCI Express Adapter from SIIG purchased from Dell or provide the name of the manufacturer?
2. Are you referring to the Molex power connector on the Firewire card?
3. Attach a picture of the Y splitter in the reply.

Please reply to this message with the requested information.

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

January 18th, 2013 11:00

Hi Tom, unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to this post. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

3 Posts

January 18th, 2013 21:00

Hi Rajath, I did get resolution for my Firewire issue.. Thanks again for you time in this matter ...

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

January 21st, 2013 12:00

Hi drumz64,

Thank you for the update and I am glad to know that you have got a resolution. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

3 Posts

January 28th, 2013 10:00

Hi Bobman, What I did was went outside the Dell online store and went to svs.com and looked up what I needed and it sounds like You have the same issue. when you get to that website look under connectors and adapters, and search for 4 pin molex to 15 pin sata power supply.. and you'll see exactly what you need.. Hope that helps you out my friend..

3 Posts

January 28th, 2013 10:00

What WAS the resolution?!?!?

I have the same issue...a 4 pin Molex connector on the power cord, and nowhere to connect it to on the motherboard.

Vostro 470

3 Posts

January 28th, 2013 11:00

Thanks for taking time to reply, and yes, this does answer the question.

No Events found!