Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

June 4th, 2008 07:00

Fluctuating speaker volume

I have an Inspiron 530 desktop running windows vista with realtek audio and for some reason the volume of my speakers fluctuates at random.  It does it with all sound and gets very annoying when I'm trying to listen to music.  It became noticable about a week ago but back then the sound fluctuations were minute and and didn't happen often.  I did the stupid thing and ignored it but now it's a constant problem and the volume changes can be very large.  I'm no computer whizz so I'm at a loss for what to do.  If anyone has any ideas I'd greatly appreciate them.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

June 4th, 2008 09:00

Two things to check/do.  (1) plug a headset into the front headset jack and see if you get any fluxuating sound volume level.  If it's OK there (2) plug the headset into the rear GREEN speaker jack and see if the sound volume varies there.  If it's OK on the rear with the headset then the problem in in the speakers.

Since you had to unplug the speakers to plug in the headset on the rear, plug the speakers back into the PC and see if you still have the varying sound level as a "dirty" connection could cause the problem. 

No Events found!