Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 10th, 2009 21:00

Has anyone taken delivery of the New Studio XPS 435/8000/9000?

I have one on order with the delivery date of 4/1/09.  If anyone has been shipped theirs and had time to put it through it's paces, please comment on what you think. If not please post your expected ship dates so we will know who will be the first to comment!

Thanks!

452 Posts

May 19th, 2009 06:00

Cosmos,

What's the latest?

452 Posts

May 20th, 2009 13:00

Any way, my 435T was shipped Wednesday, it arrived Thursday, and I am setting it today, Saturday.  It replaces my 7 year old Dimension 8200.  So, this is really 2009!! - no parallel port , no floppy drive, no USB 1, USB 2 actually built in, etc..  The machines are now coming through with the A07 BIOS - thank you very much.  Well, back to upgrades and configuration, and I have so many programs to install.

You will love this machine

Hydrox,

Are you having any of the slow boot issues?

24 Posts

May 20th, 2009 13:00

Hydrox,

jjon, I sure am. My 435T arrived about 2 weeks ago and runs like a dream compared to my Dimension 8250. Once it's up and running, it edits HD video, plays Crysis Warhead, etc. HOWEVER, it does take about 2 minutes from power button to VISTA 64 logon. The DELL screen is up for a minute and a half. The small white progress bar at the botton gets hung on about 20% for over 60 sec, then goes to 100% in the next 15 seconds.

I tried disconnecting the only USB device I use with it - a 1TB WD external drive. This made no difference.

Have you seen any good posts or have personal luck making it faster?

Thanks, Brian

452 Posts

May 20th, 2009 15:00

Brian,

I read a post in which a response from Dell tech was posted and at least one of the problems seemed to be Logitech (keyboard/mouse) related.

Do you have the Logitech KB/M? It stated it took two minutes to load the driver.

I played around with the start up programs and cut my boot time in half.

I stopped CCC (catalyst control center), windows defender, and a few others and it did help.

I turned them back on though.

I also updated my video driver (4870) and had a ton of errors and startup problems.

I had to restored it back to the day prior and everything was fine.

89 Posts

May 20th, 2009 16:00

Cosmos,

What's the latest?

Not much jjon, I'm ignoring the slow boot time, waiting on Dell for a fix. Other thing is the CCC errors that come once in a while, though not as often now. I just got one today in a week.

Meanwhile, having some small free programs (that I'm all used to) not working with Vista64. Other than that, the machine works great so far.  Enjoy playing my game!

:emotion-2:

452 Posts

May 20th, 2009 16:00

Glad to hear that, overall I am very happy with mine as well.

452 Posts

May 21st, 2009 07:00

[quote user="jjon90"]

Cosmos,

What's the latest?

Not much jjon, I'm ignoring the slow boot time, waiting on Dell for a fix. Other thing is the CCC errors that come once in a while, though not as often now. I just got one today in a week.

Meanwhile, having some small free programs (that I'm all used to) not working with Vista64. Other than that, the machine works great so far.  Enjoy playing my game!

:emotion-2:

[/quote]

Cosmos,

Got your request but accidently deleted it on my blackberry, try sending again.

16 Posts

May 26th, 2009 16:00

Hydrox,

Slow boot is not an issue.  My boot time to logon is just under 30 seconds.  I haven't tweaked any startup settings at all, and haven't had any ati catalyst center issues.  My keyboard and mouse are Logitech Bluetooth, and the drivers are loaded and ready in that 30 second time period.  I will be checking out how well "next business day" service works tomoorow.  I will say more on the owner's forum about my power supply issues.

Hydrox

452 Posts

May 26th, 2009 21:00

Hydrox,

Too bad about all the problems. Report back when the power supply is installed!

452 Posts

June 3rd, 2009 10:00

Hydrox,

Are you running a UPS ?

452 Posts

June 3rd, 2009 11:00

I know, I couldn't let it die on 1119!

Can you get me a good deal on a Guitar amp??

212 Posts

June 3rd, 2009 11:00

I dont think I've ever seen such a valiant effort to keep a thread going.  Although crickets seem the norm as of late,  you will not be denied.

I would not be surprised to see you enter a post here in 2010.  heh...

452 Posts

June 4th, 2009 19:00

I dont think I've ever seen such a valiant effort to keep a thread going.  Although crickets seem the norm as of late,  you will not be denied.

I would not be surprised to see you enter a post here in 2010.  heh...

Thanks for noticing!

18 Posts

June 5th, 2009 13:00

just ordered my xps 435t on weds. expected delivery is 6/16:

core i7-920

6gb ddr3

ati 4870 1gb

750gb hd

16X DVD+/-RW and 16X DVD-ROM

21.5" s2209w

vista 64 & ms office 2007

don't think anything else is relevant. also have a 22" gateway monitor that i'll hook up as well as a logitech g5 mouse & g15 keyboard waiting. out of curiosity does anyone think its really necessary to have a ups with this computer? i had just a regular power strip surge protector with my last computer and never had a problem but just wanted to get other people's thoughts.

matt

452 Posts

June 7th, 2009 00:00

Matt,

Be patient with the process of the build. You're gonna love the system! Congrats!

No Events found!