Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 2nd, 2014 11:00

How to download and reinstall my preloaded windows 8 on inspiron 2350 all in one

Hi I have a new Inspiron 2350 All in One pc which has come preloaded with windows 8 Single. I need to use this machine on my network at work and therefore want to do a clean install of Windows 8.1 Professional x64 But before I do that, I would like to know how I can retrieve the original installation software that came preinstalled on my machine, just incase I have a problem with windows 8.1 pro and need to revert back to the preloaded software ie. windows 8 Single. Also, how can I retrieve the activation code for my preloaded software Windows 8 Single. any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 2nd, 2014 12:00

Hi Shahinlalla,

Dell provides the backup and recovery utility to create a set of recovery discs that can be used to restore the factory image at any time. Your license is tied to the system and not provided on a sticker as in the past. See this for more information.

Good luck with the new system!

1 Message

January 11th, 2014 04:00

I just purchase dell inspirion 15 3521 with inbuilt windows8. If by chance computer crash & again I have to format it then where I get Windows 8 again because no windows 8 installation cd is given

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 11th, 2014 04:00

Hi GM497043,

Dell provides the backup and recovery utility to create a set of recovery discs that can be used to restore the factory image at any time.

July 27th, 2014 08:00

how do i regain my Dell preinstalled 3rd party applications that were licensed, after a windows OS crash and reinstallation? 

the recovery partitiongot corrupted. only my OS CD that came with the system works

4 Operator

• 

3.7K Posts

July 27th, 2014 12:00

Make sure that you have the OS that came with the system on your device. Then click HERE to download your software. Also HERE you will also find details of installing MyDell.

9 Legend

• 

16K Posts

July 27th, 2014 17:00

No Events found!