Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 5th, 2012 20:00

I'm upgrading a Dell Optiplex GX620 Desk Top to the MAX.. need help finding a PCI x16 low profile bracket adapter

i have a Dell desk top optiplex GX620. i've installed Pebntium D 3.4 Mhz, better heatsink, going to replace the Ram, etc... etc..

also, what is the best ram for my desk top..?   3 to 4 Gb

MY PROBLEM IS.... i have a low profile Graphics card that is a PCI x16.  there is an x16 slot for it on the motherboard.. but...

there is a horizontal adapter plugged into both an old common white PCI slot ...and... the PCI x16 slot, located on the mobo that i need to use.  a horizontal adapter holds only 2 common white PCI slots. the adapter is a Rube Goldberg affair.. triangular with a handle latch, 2 blue lock clips.... it is also part of the back of the computer. i have to take the adapter out 'Permanently', to access the x16 slot.  that leaves a rather large hole, and nothing to attach the new 16x low profile card bracket to, a low profile bracket is requires for this narrow 4 1/2" case.

I'm just wondering if there is a Dell part for using a low profile bracket.. i cant find one.  i could just fabricate a piece for the hole an hold it in with Velcro, i wanted to put a fan there anyway. i could pop rivet a flange to attach the card bracket to.  but i really don't want to have to mess with that.... i guess i could just let it set there not screwed down.  but i really want to keep the restore all authentic Dell. and no bailing or wire or tape.

so.. is there a real Dell solution for this problem...?

this is sort of a hot roding restore, with some of extra fans to make it work.

3 Posts

June 6th, 2012 14:00

i still need info on best RAM..  but i found the low profile end plate on Ebay for $10

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

June 8th, 2012 11:00

You have a Right Angle Riser.  The Back Plate is different for the Non Riser on the Desktop Model.

Not sure if the one linked below is proper or not.  The Part is based on My Birds eye view that it "looks" like it fits.

M5246 Combo riser assembly, PCI and PCI-E 16x slots, DT

C6089 Rear removeable backplate used if there is no riser, DT

35FNF PLT,BK,I/O,HL/HM,V2
48480 SCR,6-32X1/4",HX,TF,ZPS,TRI-PT
8T440 PLT,BK,I/O,AGP,ACMEJ
C6739 CLP,#1,RSR,PLSTC,MND
F6557 CAGE,RSR,MET,MND
F6563 CLP,#2,RSR,PLSTC,MND
G5459 PWA,RSR,PCI,CMB,GX280,MND
J7145 ASSY,LBL,RSR,MND
P6590 HDL,RSR,PULL-TAB,MND
T6191 SHLD,I/O,2ND,MND