Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 9th, 2013 17:00

INTEL SPRINGDALE G INTEGRATED VIDEO CARD & WIN 7

Hello Everyone,

I am having a problem locating drivers for the O.E.M. Video onboard  my Dell B110 DIMENSION,

I recently installed windows 7 and it evidently does not support the video on my computer,

does anyone know what driver of another video card may be compatible and also work on windows 7?

any help would be appreciated.

1.1K Posts

March 9th, 2013 18:00

Hi 2dellnback,

The Windows 7 compatible drivers are not available for your system. You may try installing Windows XP driver in compatibility mode which may work:

• Click on the link: http://dell.to/YZJAUM
  • Click on 'Download File'.
  • Select 'Single-file download' and click on 'Continue'.
  • Click on 'Save' and save the driver on the desktop.
  • Right Click the driver installation file and select Properties -- > Compatibility Tab.
  • Select Windows 7 from the list in the following image.

• Click Apply -- > OK
  • Right Click the file and select the Run As Administrator option to install.
  • Restart the system after the installation is done.

Please reply for any clarifications.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

March 10th, 2013 11:00

INTEL SPRINGDALE G Is not Directx 9 compatable with 128 megs gpu ram and therefore will NEVER be windows 7 or 8 compatable.

Dimension 1100/B110 systems are too old.  An Optiplex 620 Tower is newer and CAN be used with windows 7 and with the right processor and bios A11 windows 8.

2 Posts

March 10th, 2013 16:00

Thanks for the help , the Windows XP driver works fine ..

3 Posts

April 12th, 2014 20:00

I just had a similar problem and what I did was in Win7 after downloading and extracting the driver, I right clicked on the setup file and chose "Troubleshoot Compatibility", then once the wizard starts, I chose Troubleshoot Program, then chose "program worked in earlier version of windows...."  after this I chose the earlier program it worked in (Windows XP SP3). then clicked the "start the program". It launched the driver setup file fine after this. I repeated this for other old drivers for this system (such as the sound card and a few others and it worked great. 

No Events found!