Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 26th, 2015 12:00

Inspiron 2330 touch screen ability disappears & computer now gets stuck in screen save/sleep mode and hard to restart

I  got a 2330 touch screen last March.  It has always had problems not automatically going to to sleep mode at intervals.  I spent about 3 weeks exchanging  help  emails with Abu in India.  They remote accessed my computer and it made it worse so I restored it bc having the auto sleep not work right was better than it not working at all.  I gave up and stopped replying to their constant emails about the issue not being fixed bc obviously it wasn't big enough to get a new comp.  

fast forward to now.  My warranty ran out a month ago.  I nearly renewed it but figured the only issue that was a problem was the occasional no auto sleep issue.  I could live with that.  I kid you not that a few weeks later my touch screen stopped working AND the machine will either get stuck in a sleep mode screen or shut off during sleep.  The scary thing is that it doesn't restart w manual power off sometimes or takes forever to reboot.   I checked the computer and it said I didn't even have a touch screen.  I swear it has to do with windows updates.  So  I called and god. Forbid since I don't have an extended warranty they would not help.  

I went and did a ton of trouble shooting all week, reinstalled older drivers, tried to restore to an older date (it keeps saying it can't) and toggled power options.  I thought turning off the hybrid sleep fixed the problem.  But it just happened again.  Reinstalling some older drivers fixed the touch screen for now and my computer now says my monitor is pen & touch again but now my computer keeps saying I have driver issues.  I've done command prompt trouble shoots and it finds the fatal flaws but never let's me fix them.  

Has anyone tried that stupid "refresh" or restoring to original defaults?  

I have the A14 bios.  I truly think that is the problem.  But I can't uninstall that to try to reinstall.  

I am worried this thing is dying and won't turn on eventually.  I am debating in getting the extended warranty but after reading these forums it doesn't seem it will help.

Anybody have any advice to these sleep/screen problems?  I swear they are correlated

No Responses!
No Events found!