Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 28th, 2009 09:00

Inspiron 530 audio issues

In july I purchased an inspiron 530 running vista. Vista was giving me issues so I removed it and am now running xp. I downloaded all the required drivers and had audio for a short time. Had printer probelm's and lexmark changed something and now I have no audio. I cant figure it out and I need this audio for my office. The only thing that I can tell you is they were in some programs and when I rebooted a pop up stated that the configuration has been changed and if I wanted it to return to the old configuration click yes. Ever since they messed with my computer I have no audio. Can anyone help me please!!!

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

September 28th, 2009 12:00

Not knowing what was changed we can only guess. 

Suggest reinstalling the Intel Chipset drivers since these define the devices on the motheboard and MUST be installed BEFORE installing the sound and several other device drivers on a new/reinstall.  Also there are two Realtek integrated audio drivers, depending on which version of the 530 you have.  Or if you have the Dell Drivers and Utilities disc with the Realktek sound driver on it then install that one. 

DELL Downloads for I530

No Events found!