Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 29th, 2009 08:00

Inspiron 545: Flip Panel that covers the media card / USB I/O slot on the front

I had the spring and plastic door that covers the media card / USB I/O slot on the front bezel pop off.  Nothing is broken in my examination the door and posts.  I suspect my child was a bit agressive in plugging in their iPOD USB.  

What I need is how does that wire spring hook up between the plastic flap and the bezel cover?  Not locating any diagram that shows how the spring is tensioned and secured?  If someone could point me to a photo or diagram that would be helpful.  I may have to hit Sams Club and tear into their display model?

Thanks,

JS

1 Message

June 5th, 2016 08:00

So first thing you need to do is remove the side panel. Then you need to remove the front bezel as mentioned previously. To do this there are 3 black clips you lift up and the front of the case comes off. Once off you can refer to the pictures I included. There's a small hole on the one side of the cover which the shorter side of the spring goes. The other side of the spring goes into the case.

Goodluck!

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

October 29th, 2009 09:00

It will be easier to look at this if you remove the side cover <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>, then, remove the front bezel. <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>

1 Message

June 1st, 2016 21:00

Hi wondering if you have ever figured this out I have had min off for 4 years and can't figure this thing out

1 Message

October 15th, 2017 14:00

Thank you very much for posting these pictures. It helped me get the spring back into position in a customer's PC.

No Events found!