Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 27th, 2014 06:00

Inspiron 660 mini tower Blank screen

When starting up the screen goes to the log on and asks for a password. After the password is entered instead of going to the windows 8.1 opening screen it goes to a blank screen. There isn't anything that will bring video back except Ctrl/Alt/Del. This brings up the options of Lock, Switch User, Sign out, and task manager. Going into task manager shows no processes that are stopped running. signing in and out does nothing either. Any ideas what might be causing this action?

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

August 27th, 2014 12:00

After You login what happens when you press WINDOWS KEY and D?

• Press the Windows logo key + D to open the Start screen
  • Press Windows logo key + C to open the charms
  • Press Windows logo key + S to search everything
  • Press Windows logo key + F to search files
  • Press Windows logo key + W to search for settings

2 Posts

August 27th, 2014 18:00

Thanks for the suggestion unfortunately it garnered no results.  The screen remained blank.

1 Message

August 27th, 2014 19:00

I have a Dell 660 desktop and also have this identical problem.  I have run the ePSA Preboot  System Accessment and it found no errors.  My bios is A11 and bios date is 10/14/2013.  I did read on net that someone has had this problem and their bios date had changed to 3014.  They managed to correct the date and everything now works.  My bios date is correct so this is not my problem.  

105 Posts

September 10th, 2014 21:00

Just in case anyone with similar problems runs across this post, I had a similar situation that was just resolved.  The solution is at:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/p/19599345/20676115

No Events found!