Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 31st, 2011 11:00

Inspiron One 2305 All-in-One

I bought 2 of these thinking it would be really cool not to have all the components to deal with....don't think Dell fully tested this new product for quality.  One PC is just fine, this one.....nothing put problems.  The video goes totally out and I have a black screen at which time I can't do diddly.  I have had 3 chats with no success so Dell sent service person with new parts....one of the 'new' replacement parts was broken right out of the box !  I have spend far too much time trying to get Dell to fix this defective PC with no luck.  After working in IT for many years and using Dell PCs, I am now going to steer clear of ANYTHING Dell as in my opinion - they have lost their quality and certainly do not support their products after you spend $2K with them !!!  Buyer BEWARE........................

2 Posts

March 31st, 2011 12:00

You missed the whole point and yes I know anyone can deliver a bad product, but Dell used to handle problems and so far they have NOT in this case.  It is helpful to users on this site to know that they may have the same problem I am facing........  Your entitled to your opinion and so am I !!!   

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 31st, 2011 12:00

I spent my working career in electronics and computers including 23 years as a Network and Hardware Help Desk Manager.  As someone in IT you should know better than anyone that ANY vendor can have a lemon or one out of a batch is a lemon.  This doesn't mean all their products are lemons just that one unit.  I've seen it with IBM and others that we dealt with.  I've seen comments of Apple "lemons" too.

We are users helping users and this forum section is for desktop hardware problems, not complaints.  We can't do anything for your Dell service issues.

September 8th, 2011 21:00

The screen going blank and not responding to any input and requiring the computer be powered off is a known issue with this computer.  No known fix.

3 Posts

September 9th, 2011 08:00

I'm suffering from it......it is really frustrating when you are an architect, I work from home, only computer, and have to mentally remember to save every few minutes or else, I'll lose and have lost over 45 minutes of work.  This may have pushed me over to MAC.  I'm on my second 2305 same issues as the first.  May get them to switch to the Vostro 330 that seems to not have the same problems but it has the  older Intel i5 processor.  They just released the 360 in China but have not date for the US yet.  

4 Posts

September 14th, 2011 14:00

Can you believe it!! I just got mine yesterday and right out of the box has this problem. I called them and they say a tech will be out in 5 days to replace the motherboard and hard drive. Wouldn't you think if they know they have this, they would correct it before they sell more? This is so crazy that is makes me laugh.

On another note, noticed that my warranty started on the day I ordered it, not on the day i finally received it. Are you kidding?

1 Message

November 25th, 2011 18:00

I have experienced all of the above noted problems--began about 6 weeks after receiving my computer.  Have spoken with many techs/managers, had motherboard and LCD replaced.   Now they are claiming it's a software problem and Windows 7 needs to be reinstalled--at a hefty fee.  My extended warranty they say only covers hardware.In other words, Dell is saying that they are not responsible for shipping a product that runs for only six weeks without the user incurring a fee for repairing it.  It is thoroughly exasperating!!

No Events found!