Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 9th, 2015 11:00

Inspiron all-in-one 2305 problem. Orange light, black screen. Red SATA ?

Okay, I have the Inspiron One 2305 all-in-one computer.

When you press power it goes immediately to a SOLID AMBER LIGHT.

The screen appears completely BLACK. I can here the fan kick on inside, sounds like it's running.

I've searched the internet and found endless complaints about this computer. It's almost as though none of them function properly. From me readings I see people with this same problem, chasing a solution and replacing part after part, usually to no avail. I commonly see 'motherboard' replacement being suggested...but even that hasn't fixed the problem for many people.

I've seen a lot of people mention that the RED SATA cables are bad on this computer and can often be a reason for misdiagnoses. I opened up the back of mine and peaked at the red sata cable. I noticed the cable had a black dot on it, as if it burnt out in there. Could my solution be that simple ? Replace a burnt out SATA cable ? Or is it likely that there's a greater problem that caused the cable to burn out to begin with ? I'll attach pics at the end of the post.

ALSO, I wasn't sure how to completely remove the shield over the motherboard area. I removed all the screws that appeared to be holding it on, but afterward, I was only able to lift the top portion of the metal plate up. The bottom section still seemed to be attached to something. How do I do this, so I can replace the red SATA.

Also, if anyone had this same problem with the 2305 and solved it. Please let me know what you did.

Thanks to anyone who can help me.

How do I get the bottom of this plate off -------v

3 Posts

May 9th, 2015 15:00

Also, can some one tell me if all red SATA cables are the same. If I buy any red SATA cable will it work with this computer and what is the necessary length to purchase ?

thank you

3 Posts

May 23rd, 2015 09:00

Bueller...Bueller.......Bueller...:emotion-5:

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you

No Events found!