RowanM
2 Bronze

Inspiron one 2320 - touchscreen unresponsive

I recently bought a dell inspiron one 2320 with a touch monitor.

However, the touchscreen is not responding to any form of touch despite 'Tablet input service'  Running in services, in control panel i have ticked 'Use finger as an input device' And i have opened the case and the wires for touch function appear to be correctly connected. 

Concerning drivers, i am not 100% sure what i am looking for so it may be the problem, i have installed all available drivers from the dell website. 

Thanks in advance

Rowan. 

0 Kudos
27 Replies

Re: Inspiron one 2320 - touchscreen unresponsive

Hi RowanM ,

Welcome to the community.

I would like to inform you that there are no drivers for the touch screen. You will need to go into control panel and calibrate the touch settings. Refer to the following link for detail video.

If it is still not working, there might be an issue with the LCD screen.

Please respond in case you need any further assistance or clarification.

Thanks and Regards

DELL_Abhishek_ B

Dell Social Media Responder

You can reach us at: www.en.community.dell.com

Thanks & Regards,
Dell_Abhishek_B
#IworkforDell
To learn more about Dell Products, Services, and Drivers, click Here

0 Kudos
speedstep
8 Krypton

Under Control Panel there is an ICON for Tablet PC when you view as very small ICONS.

To adjust calibration

1. Open Tablet PC Settings by tapping the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then tapping Control Panel.
  2. In the search box, type Tablet PC Settings, and then, in the list of results, tap Tablet PC Settings.
  3. On the Display tab, under Display Options, tap Calibrate. Administrator permission required

4.  If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

5. Follow the instructions on the screen, and then tap Yes to save your calibration settings.

Notes

Notes

• To perform a 16-point calibration again, in the Tablet PC Properties window, tap the Reset button. Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. Tap OK, and then tap the Calibrate button.

• If you begin a 16-point calibration and your screen is set to Portrait orientation, it will change temporarily to Landscape during the calibration.

Report Unresolved Customer Service Issues
here

I do not work for Dell. I too am a user.

The forum is primarily user to user, with Dell employees moderating
Contact USA Technical Support

Get Support on Twitter @DellCaresPro

0 Kudos
RowanM
2 Bronze

I clicked on the calibrate setting after reseting, it doesn't seem to respond at all. Wherever i tap on the screen there is no response. I believe there may be a problem with the LCD screen, i purchased the computer from the dell outlet and on the spec it said: 'Display: 23 inch Touch Monitor' Does that mean that the touch function should definitely be working? Can i send it back with this fault?

0 Kudos
MinaD
2 Bronze

I have exactly the same problem. The calibrate setting doesn't respond at all plus the computer is from the dell outlet. Did you send it back? or there is another solution?

0 Kudos
ericbaber
2 Bronze

I'm having the same problem - received my 2320 yesterday and it doesn't respond to touch. I've checked those settings and all is as it should be - does that indicate it's a hardware issue?

0 Kudos
MinaD
2 Bronze

It's very disappointing! It seems there are a lot of problems with this touch screen but I can't return my computer because it is out of the country :(

0 Kudos
3 Silver

I have an issue with an Inspiron One 2320 touch screen too.  Dell Tech Support doesn't have a clue how to reslove it.  Check out Microsoft KB 2405640.  Dell Tech Support never referenced it.  Contacted Microsoft Support and there is still no resolution to the issue.

0 Kudos
pbudwick
2 Bronze

My touch screen will occasionally not work at all on start up and I have to restart to get it to work.  When I tried the calibrate PC Tablet set up it shows no functionality for touch screen when it is not working.  Mouse still works unless I reboot to get back touch but this means Dell has a serious bug and charged us more for a touch screen that is faulty...

0 Kudos
MinaD
2 Bronze

I've never seen my touch screen working. I completely agree with you.

0 Kudos