Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 26th, 2017 14:00

Installing GeForce GT 730 Low profile into my optiplex 390 DT

Hello I am about to buy a new graphics card for my Optiplex 390 Desk Top and wanted to be sure that 

1. The card is compatible/fits in my computer

2. How to install the graphics card once i get it

This is the graphics card I am thinking about getting https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?item=N82E16814487055

Thanks.

Community Manager

• 

2.4K Posts

January 27th, 2017 17:00

I have seen posts on other boards online where customers have stated they were able to get an Nvidia 730 low profile card to work in the Optiplex 390 (so it should technically work), but unfortunately this is not something Dell has tested directly so it cannot be guaranteed. With that said though, looking at the card you linked it does contain the brackets to fit in a low profile setting which means it should fit fine so going off of what I have seen you should have a good chance of it working.  

For your 2nd question here is a link to the Service Manual for the 390 SFF but it will be very similar to the DT one you have (as they both take low profile cards), and page 15 will show the steps to remove/insert the new card. Before beginning the install make sure to uninstall your old display drivers, and also follow any steps in the manual that detail how to remove the case cover. 

Please let me know how it goes.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,

Brad

January 28th, 2017 12:00

Thanks Brad!

Ill let you know once I get the card in a week or two!

No Events found!