Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 1st, 2015 18:00

Looking to put EVGA GTX 750 ti sc video card in Dell Inspiron 3847

So I'm looking to do a bit of light gaming on my Dell Desktop.

My specs are 

Intel Core i3-4160

8 gigabytes of RAM

Windows 10 64 bit

1TB HDD

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4400 Integrated 

I of course want to install a graphics card into my computer. I have been given the information that this card needs a 300w or higher psu and that is currently how much wattage my psu contains. I just want to know if this card will be compatible with my system without any problems. Here is the link to the card.  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814487024 

One other question I have is if this card will be able to physically fit into my case. I want to know if it will fit in the case since the RAM is so awkwardly close to the PCI-E slot which worries me a bit on if the card will fit. The card is also dual slot which is something I should add. If anyone could answer the questions I asked, it would be wonderful! Thank you!

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

September 2nd, 2015 08:00

Works fine when secure boot is turned off.  Newer versions of the card will have UEFI certificate in bios so they wont need csm legacy mode.  Power supply is barely ok.  I didnt want issues when gaming so I replaced it with a corsair CS750M.

1 Message

December 25th, 2015 14:00

I have the exact same computer, and the same graphics card.  After installing the card, I'm getting a notice saying my display is connected to a disabled video connector.  I've tried shutting down and switching between HDMI ports (original to new) at least three times to no avail.  I'm stumped. Any suggestions?  Thanks.

No Events found!