Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 27th, 2007 18:00

M90 - D/Dock - Media Module Bay

I have the D/Dock for my M90 laptop. I have tried to find information on how the media module bay works, but thus far haven't had any luck... My question is, how (exactly) do I use the bay? Where can I find drives that will fit and work with it?

I see that there is a D/Bay External Media Bay for the D-Dock. Manufacturer Part#: RD955 and Dell Part#: 313-1669. What does this do? Is this the part that the drive fits into? What is the cord for?

Sorry if these are really dumb questions, but I am at a loss here.

Thanks, CJ

86 Posts

March 28th, 2007 14:00

CJ

The D-Dock media bay is exactly the same as the media bay on your laptop. Takes all of the same optical drives, the floppy drive, 2nd hard drive and even charges a media bay battery.

The D-Bay connector is the same as on the laptop itself - the double height looking USB port. The is where you can attach a D-Bay which is an external bay which can take all of the same media bay devices (apart from the media bay battery) as either the internal media bay and the D-Dock media bay. The same D-Bay is used for the smaller D4xx products which don't have an internal media bay.

Hope this helps.

Flea

21 Posts

March 28th, 2007 20:00

Thanks, Flea, I think I might understand better now...

So, the D-Bay connectoris a separate device that plugs into the "double USB" port on the side of my laptop. And, the actual D/Dock Module Bay is separate and entirely different.

Now I need to figure out which devices will fit into the Module Bay. Not really sure right now, but I probably don't have any actual need to use the bay, but it is good that it's there...

Thanks again for helping me understand...

CJ
No Events found!