Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

March 26th, 2007 23:00

Media Center Decorder Error

I get a decoder not found or malfunctioning message when I try to use MC today.  This problem occurred about one month ago and the computer was only one month old at that time.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled Sonic CinePlayer.  Chatting with Dell is discouraging because they tell me I may have to reinstall my operating system.  I did this the last time I had this problem. 

I would like to solve the problem rather than reinstalling my operating system every time it goes bad - which is about every month!!

I know others have had this same problem, but has it been a recurring problem?  Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks

1.7K Posts

March 27th, 2007 02:00

u could try this codecs , if these  codes do not fix the decoder problem u can always uninstall them

63 Posts

April 3rd, 2007 14:00

Are you running Vista?

If you are, I agree with attempting to use the K-Lite codec pack.
But if that doesn't work, you might have to hold out for Vista's Service Pack 1.
Check out this site to see all the fixes to come:

I have been having all kinds of codec issue with Vista's Media Center.  For example, I can play one video just fine, but every video after that (or if I try to replay the same video) it gives me a black screen.  I can hear the audio but I get no video.  If I close Media Center and then re-open it, I can watch another video.   For now, I'm just sticking with Media Player 11 to watch my vids until MS gets the kinks worked out.   Hopefully SP1 will fix alot of issues.
No Events found!