Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 15th, 2006 23:00

More XPS support stories

Well I've been trying to get the install CD's for my system so I can do an fresh OS reinstall (after mistakenly deleting the special partition). I sent a note to tech support but after 4 days I'm guessing I'm not going to get an answer.

I did the:
XPS HARDWARE SUPPORT
* Call 1-800-624-9896
* Press 3 for Technical Support
* Say "No" to the service request status question
* Say "Yes" to the Dell logo question
* Enter your Express Service Code using the phone buttons. Don't speak the numbers
* Say "Yes" confirming the express service code was correct
* Say "None of those"
* Say "Yes"

This got me to Dell Dimension Hardware support. The first person took all my information (odd that you have to enter your service numbers at the start of the call and then all technicians ask for it again ??)

On this first attempt, I gave the tech all the info, got a case number and was transferred to 1-800-642-9896 as I was told I was in the wrong queue. After waiting on hold again on this new queue I got a new person and gave them the case number. They informed me that I had the wrong phone number and gave me the original number to call but said I specifically needed customer care and that was only available from 8-8 M-F.

Not wanting to call it a night I called the original number again and went thought the above steps and got someone who did not speak English very well. Hung up in frustration after 20 mins.

Figuring 3rd time is a charm, I called yet again and got someone who ID'ed the system as XPS and said there was an XPS specific queue which they transferred me to. After another wait the person answered with XPS support ! After correcting my records, (somewhere my phone number go messed up and I was being denied help) the software is to be shipped. This person was very helpful and thorough. They said they will call me back in :30 to give me the dispatch number if they do I'll let everyone know. This person also said my express tag number should have put me in the right XPS queue and apologized that it had not.

9 Posts

January 17th, 2006 00:00

Just wanted to give an update ... In fact I did get a call back ~:30 mins after my call ended. I was given my order numbers and the XPS support person could not have been nicer or more helpful, just wish I had gotten them on my first call and not my third.

This AM when I logged into my account, there were the two new orders for the needed software at no charge. Great job by XPS support, just keep trying till you get them :)

178 Posts

January 17th, 2006 18:00

Spudsrule...

Now THAT is how XPS Specialized support is SUPPOSED to work.

But.... it seems that the majority of XPS owners can't get the the correct people.

It took you three tries...  more than most people can tolerate.

I'm glad you got the help you needed ultimately.... but there is "something" wrong with the system

and getting people to XSP support !!!!!!

No Events found!