Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 26th, 2012 19:00

Multimedia Audio Controller Driver

I changed my windows to Linux and changed back because Linux wasn't working how I expected it to. Ever since I changed back, my audio hasn't been working and I've tried all sorts of ways to change it by looking on forums and such but none of the threads helped. Please help!

5 Posts

December 27th, 2012 22:00

8.       Verify that A: is entered in the Copy manufacturer’s files from box or use the Browse button to point to the directory the driver was extracted to. (i.e. c:\dell\drivers\….)

9.       Click OK to install the driver.

10.   Verify that Intel® PRO/100 M Network Connection or Intel® PRO/100 VE Network Connection is highlighted.

11.   Click Next, click Finish

These steps cannot be continued because I tried to do step 8 and it says "The specified location does not contain information about your hardware". But on the bright side, I checked my "Sounds and Audio Devices" and it says "SoundMAX Digital Audio".

565 Posts

December 26th, 2012 20:00

Hi Ayyoroo,

If the audio drivers are not installed after installing Windows audio would not work in the computer. I request you to provide the following information to assist you better:

1. What is the computer model?
  2. Windows version installed in the computer?
  3. In Device Manager, please check if there is any exclamation symbol under Other Devices.
  4. To go to Device Manager, press “Windows + R” to launch the run window.
  5. In run dialog box type in “devmgmt.msc”. Press enter.

Please reply with the requested information.

5 Posts

December 27th, 2012 17:00

1. Dell Dimension 4550

2. Windows XP

3. Ethernet Controller & Multimedia Audio Controller

565 Posts

December 27th, 2012 18:00

Hi Ayyoroo,

Download and Install the Audio Drivers and check if you are able to hear the sound.

Download and Install the Network Drivers and check.

Perform the above mentioned steps and post the results.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

December 27th, 2012 18:00

Follow my wiki A Clean Install of Windows XP in my wiki Windows Reinstallation Guide:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/3524/t/19480753.aspx

Pay particular attention to Driver Installation order. Incorrect installation of the drivers often causes audio issues with Windows XP.

5 Posts

December 30th, 2012 22:00

I was getting help by DELL-Madhur-B about my sounds and he's helped me to where my audio says "SoundMAX Digital Audio" instead of it saying No Audio Devices but I still don't have sound. He told me to download and install a Network Driver, I've done that but it won't work, restarted my computer and such. Help please!

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

December 31st, 2012 04:00

CHIPSET Drivers Must be installed BEFORE Network and Audio Drivers.

5 Posts

January 12th, 2013 20:00

I tried to download it but it says my computer cannot run it.

1 Message

January 22nd, 2013 20:00

But what if I have already downloaded the OS and seemingly everything else before the chipset drivers (this is all a guess as the drivers downloaded as numbers, so I have no idea what loaded in what order.)?  So how do I recover my sound??

1 Message

October 12th, 2015 00:00

1.model NPS-210AB A

2.windows xp pro

3.yes

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

October 12th, 2015 11:00

Is the Dell in question a Dimension 4550? If so, what is the problem?

The part number you provided is for a power supply.

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 15th, 2015 07:00

Some Drivers will need XP service pack 1 then service pack 2.

Older drivers may refuse to install for service pack 3.

No Events found!