Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 24th, 2009 10:00

NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430 update error?

My Inspiron 531 is less than 6 months old and has started giving the error "Display driver stopped resonding and has recovered". Windows has no suggestions that have helped, and the problems happened following a driver update. rolling back doesn't seem to be an option. I have an NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE nForce 430. Has anyone else had this problem since the latest update? It happens several times when the computer is starting up, and happens any time I try to run video of any kind, including games. The system came preloaded and has given us no problems since

1.7K Posts

October 24th, 2009 14:00

Are you talking about a video driver update?  If so, where did you get the driver to update your video chip?  If you went to Nvidia's web site and installed the latest version 191.07, I would suggest uninstalling this driver and going back to the version that is on your CD as I would not recommend this driver for an integrated chip and certainly if it is causing you problems.  When you say rolling back is not an option, how exactly are you trying to roll back?  Did you do the roll back through the Device Manager?  Try uninstalling the driver in the Device Manager or your add/remove programs and reinstall the driver from your original CD that came with the sytem.  Look in your add/remove programs first as you will probably see other software that has installed with this driver such as PhysX and the Stereoscopic driver that you will want to uninstall also.   You can certainly try other driver versions by going to the Beta and Archived drivers link.  It will bring up drivers back the version 178.13 and I would not choose any above 182.50. 

4 Posts

October 24th, 2009 18:00

actually no, this started happening after a windows update. it MAY have been unrealted but it's the only thing i can pin down that's different. I'd do as you say and download an older driver, but they are not available from either dell or nvidia. also, my service tag, apparantly, is for the wrong computer.

I tried to roll back through the device manager but it said files were missing. I tried manually removing and then updating and still the same problem. i can't play any video files or games. i wish i could find the install cd, maybe i can find something on cnet?

Normal 0 false false false EN-CA X-NONE X-NONE

14.4K Posts

October 24th, 2009 19:00

Try uninstalling and reinstalling your VIDEO Card driver. The Nvidia Geforce you list is the chipset not the video card

6 Professor

• 

8.8K Posts

October 24th, 2009 22:00

Try uninstalling and reinstalling your VIDEO Card driver. The Nvidia Geforce you list is the chipset not the video card

The 6150 includes a GPU. There is a video driver for it.

4 Posts

October 24th, 2009 22:00

i've officially tried everything i can do. the error is said to be with display driver nvlddmkm and a post i just found on nvidia's forum is months old and still unresolved, exact same problem

No Events found!