Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 10th, 2012 05:00

Need Advice on Upgrading Dell Inspiron 560

So I just bought GW2 recently and its kinda laggy on my laptop, so I thought it was about time I upgraded my computer which is a Dell Inspiron 560.

Link to game requirments: http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=684&game=Guild%20Wars%202

Its current specs are:

Intergrated graphics
4GB Ram
Penitum Dual Core Processor (E5800)

Obviously the first thing I’m looking for is the perfect graphics card. I’m not looking to play GW2 on jaw dropping settings (unless its affordable), only on maybe high or something. At most I think I’m only willing to spend about £60-80 on a new card, but the cheaper the better. I’ve heard a lot of good things about this card but what do you guys think? I’m not sure if its good enough or not, but if it’s overkill it would be nice if I could get something cheaper instead. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Asus-Graphics-Express-Eyefinity-Technology/dp/B007R1SQ1K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1347202610&sr=8-1

I was also wondering if I should upgrade my processor? Again I’m not going to be playing on maxed out settings, so I’m not too sure if I need a new processor or not. If it can be helped, I’d rather avoid buying one and just wait until I can buy a whole new computer in a year or two.

As for ram I was thinking of upgrading to 8GB since its pretty cheap anyway.

Oh and this is the new monitor I’m planning on buying:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007830R64/ref=nosim/?tag=hotukdeals-21

Thanks for any help or advice.

5 Posts

September 10th, 2012 05:00

Sorry about the double post, but I just found this graphics card and it looks promising while being cheaper than the other one in my post: www.amazon.co.uk/.../ref=sr_1_1

5 Posts

September 10th, 2012 06:00

Thanks for the reply! One last thing, I couldn't find any information about the PSU requirments for both of the cards, and a couple websites seem to be saying different things to others. Do you think I can run both these cards with my current 300W PSU or should I be looking into upgrading that too?

5 Posts

Ah thanks, what I was asking was will the 300 watt power supply be enough to handle both cards.

1.5K Posts

You can only have one dedicated video card in your system.  Integrated graphics is a chip on your motherboard that provides your graphics now.  When you add a PCI Express x16 video card like the HD 7750, your system switches to using it and automatically disables the integrated graphics.  Therefore, you are not running two cards so to speak.  

1.5K Posts

Both cards?  I'm not sure what you mean there.  The 300 watt power supply will be sufficient for the HD 7750.  

1.5K Posts

That's a good choice in video cards.  It meets the recommended requirement for the game.  It is really the best you can do with your current power supply which is just 300 watts.  I would not be concerned about upgrading your CPU right now.  Just get the video card and see how it does.  Upgrading from 4GB to 8GB will not give you any benefit in gaming.  However, like you said, DDR3 memory is pretty cheap.  Remember, you need a 64-bit operating system for this memory upgrade.  If you are planning on getting a new system, you don't want to put too much money into upgrades.  

4.4K Posts

May 29th, 2013 23:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with same issue or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                                                        

No Events found!