Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 8th, 2012 05:00

Network connection problem – Is yours fixed?

After much web surfing, it is clear that I have joined a club with a large membership – the My XPS 8300 Can’t See My Network Card club.

There are lots of “fixes” in lots of different places but no consensus so, I’m asking the question – Is your XPS 8300 network connection problem fixed?

If you could add a how from the list (or add your own), I hope to fix my own problem and hopefully other people's:-

Wait for the temperature to rise (I’ve been using this for a while with no improvement which is why I’m posting).
Implement the McAffee fix http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/kcs/document?docid=576372
Using device manager, uninstall the network card, reboot and get Windows to reinstall the driver
Reset winsock
Broadcom Advanced Control Suite
Got Dell to fit a new mother board (some have and say the fix wasn’t permanent)
Thrown in the towel and fitted a compatible card

Thanks in advance.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

November 8th, 2012 06:00

HI Gym Rat,

I understand the frustration when things do not working properly.

I require some more information to assist you further. I would like to know if the Network card is listed in the device manager or if it appears intermittently at the restart the system.

Please reply with the status.

In case NIC card is not listed or intermittenly appears in the device manager, prrivate message me the system service tag to help you further.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Community Manager

• 

3.3K Posts

November 21st, 2012 05:00

Hi,

This customer conversation was taken offline for privacy reasons. The solution to this issue is motherboard replacement. If you continue to experience issues after attempting these steps, please start a new thread.

No Events found!