Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 27th, 2013 14:00

ONE 27 Touch Volume Controls

Has anyone experienced a problem with the one27 volume touch controls?

When I select the volume control, and try to increase/decrease volume, it stays stuck at 15.

The does not appear to be a driver or os issue as the behaviour can be seen even before windows loads up,

The same up/down buttons are used for brightness control, and this works fine.

I've upgraded to the latest bios, etc...but still no joy.

The s/w volume control within windows (7) works fine, but I believe the touch controls from the monitor are like a "master" volume control and I just cannot get these to work.

The problem appeared a few months after I got the system, it was working fine up until then,

This is one the non-touchscreen ONE27 running windows 7

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

June 18th, 2013 16:00

Hi bburke782,

Assuming you have XPS One 2710, I’d suggest you to install the following application and check for issue resolution.

http://dell.to/12TNE1g

Please let me know if this helps.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

April 28th, 2013 05:00

Hi bburke782,

Do you have an external audio source plugged into the system? This might be either analog (stereo miniplug) or HDMI.

1 Message

June 12th, 2013 17:00

Hi, I have the same problem too.

Would be great to find out what the issue because when using my PS3 on the dell XPS 27 I cannot turn the volume down!

3 Posts

June 18th, 2013 15:00

Hi,

No I have no external source plugged in.

I logged a call with Dell last Friday, but I have had no response yet other than a confirmation email.

The only thing I've changed on the original system config was to add a SATA SSD card.

I've tried removing the SSD but problem is still there, so I doubt they are linked.

To me it looks like the PCB which controls the touch-buttons is busted.

Here's a video clip showing the problem

www.youtube.com/watch

3 Posts

June 20th, 2013 11:00

Thanks, the OSD application worked. I had to uninstall and re-install it, but it did the job!

No Events found!