Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 20th, 2015 13:00

OptiPlex 360 upgrades

Just for anyone out still interested (moderators closed the discussion on upgrade OptiPlex 330)

I have successfully upgraded my 360 from bios rev A01 to A07(the latest available for 360) +  from a 2.8GHz core 2 duo to a 2.83 GHz Xeon quad E5440 with out any hiccups

here is my CPUID validation http://valid.canardpc.com/red0xp

temps are stable and have only risen to a max of 61℃ since I re-seated the heat-sink (previous high of 69℃)

really need a change of graphics card, Can anyone recommend a cheap card that this mobo will accept? I have been looking at an nVida gt720 ddsr5 1 gb new @ £35/$50US

511 Posts

January 20th, 2015 18:00

The GT720 should work in this computer.

3 Posts

February 25th, 2015 12:00

Hi! I have a Dell Optiplex 360 and recently added this great graphics card that fit perfectly and low power consumption with no extra power connector needed. EVGA Geforce GT 730 2GB - https://www.evga.com/Products/Product.aspx?pn=02G-P3-3733-KR. It was the right length so it doesn't interfere with the Heatsink housing. Purchase at Micro Center for about $50 bucks or so but I'm sure you can get online. I get really great gaming graphics and support Direct X11  and all the latest GPU Technology. I do have a question for you. I noticed you upgraded your CPU. I'm currently running a Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 I believe and I would like to upgrade tot the E8600 according to the Technicle guide for the Optiplex 360 this is the maximum CPU I can upgrade. i know you mentioned you were able to upgrade to a Quad-core but my question will I have to upgrade the Dell Proprietary heatsink and housing or can I use the same one that came with my case? Thanks.

EDIT:  I own a Dell Optiplex 360 Mini Tower. I made some upgrades already such as a 500W ATX PSU, 4GB RAM and a dedicated PCI-E graphics card but I want upgrade the CPU that came with it. It's currently running an Intel Core 2 Duo Duo E7400 and I would like to upgrade to an E8600. According to Dell's Technical guide for the Optiplex 360 this is the maximum CPU I can upgrade to http://www.citgrup.ro/pdf/Calculatoare/Calculator_Dell_Optiplex_360MT_specificatii_tehnice_citgrup.pdf My question is will I also have to upgrade the Dell Proprietary Heatsink/Fan Housing or can I use the same one that came with my case? Want to make sure I won't have any overheating issues as well and the Heatsink is adequate for this upgrade since this CPU is listed on the Technical guide. Also, has anyone made this CPU upgrade before as well and can give any feedback? Thanks.

March 31st, 2015 12:00

I have recently installed a GT 720 into a 360 Mini tower. Working well. Cost Approx $50. Son is using the machine for Microsoft Flight Sim, Borderlands 2, etc. with 4GB RAM and stock processor.

Just picked up a used Core 2 Duo E8600 CPU to replace the current E5400.

Low power consumption. 

No Events found!