Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

June 11th, 2009 14:00

Optiplex 755 PCIe DVI adapter card

Well I have been attempting to use the DVI adapter card with a DVI to VGA adapter.  Has anyone had and operation issue's with this set up?

Community Manager

• 

54.3K Posts

June 15th, 2009 14:00

brm75,

Can you tell us what appears on the monitor when you connect the DVI to VGA adapter to it? The system should have an onboard VGA port. Connect that to the monitor VGA. Does anything appear on the monitor? If the computer detects the card and lists it in Device Manager, ensure the advanced graphics setting and options on the Intel GMA control panel are set correctly for the video configuration you want.

1 Message

August 10th, 2009 14:00

I am trying this VGA to DVI connections as well and the monitor behaves as if it's not connected to anything.  I noticed when I went into the video settings and selected to extend my desktop to the second monitor(the one connected to the DVI port) that the screen flickered but then unchecked the box about extending my desktop.  I know systems will behave this way if you try to extend your desktop when you really do not have a second monitor plugged in.  Could it be that the DVI-D to VGA adapters do not work for this type of DVI connection.  I have used similar adapters in the past going from DVI-I to VGA but this is the first time I've tried this with DVI-D port.  Is there any software you can use to configure this DVI video adapter and specify what is being connected to the DVI port?

1 Message

June 21st, 2011 01:00

Hi,

So you tried to use an analog monitor with the DVI card for the DELL desktop thru a DVI2DSUB adapter.

In my opinion the problem was that the DVI card has a 24 pin DVI connector, which does not carry the analog signal - the group of four pins around the flat blade. There's no way you get signal to the second monitor.

Regards,

szornyu

No Events found!