Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 3rd, 2016 12:00

Optiplex 760, Nvidia GeForce GT 610, VGA/DVI, dual monitor setup?

Hello 

I have recently bought an Optiplex 760 and I am trying to set dual screens up on the graphics card. Using the VGA and DVI ports on the card, both screens will work separately on the VGA port but not on the DVI port. It seems not to recognize the monitor when plugged in to this port.

the card is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 610 with 2GB it has the port I mentioned and a HDMI 

any advise on how to remedy this would be grateful as I can not seem to find a solution 

I have tried all the suggestions I have found up to now 

I have not tried the HDMI as my screens don not have the port on them to use this connection

Thanks

1 Message

May 24th, 2016 21:00

I am having the same problem with my monitors. I have 1 with vga, and 1 with DVI. The VGA works on both monitors, but the dvi does not on either. Windows recognizes the monitor attached to dvi, and allows me to extend the display, but the monitor with DVI connection says no signal, and remains black. I can even drag windows from one monitor to the next and back, but nothing appears on the monitor. The problem is not the monitor as both work just fine with the vga connection. Unfortunatly there is only 1 vga on the video card. 

No Events found!