Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 3rd, 2012 13:00

PC fail to boot

Hi,

I have a Dell Dimension 9150 and fail to start...

First time it didn't show any diagnostic lights on, not even start the coolers,  just fast blinking amber for the power button and the network card (only on one led of the NIC).

So, I  changed the power supply (I've try 2 models) and now the NIC doesn't blink any more, but the diagnostics light "2" is solid green and the power button is blinking ambercoolers are running ok, but no beep or video signal on the monitor.

I've search on the manual (Diagnostic Lights part) and there is not described this scenario with only led 2 on :(

I've removed everything from it, run only with CPU, then add one memory slot in #1, then in slot #2, #3, #4 , then add the graphical card and nothing same error all the time (led 2 solid on and amber power blinking)

I've also reset  the CMOS....

May 3rd, 2012 17:00

I have tried even without CPU, just the motherboard + power-supply  and the cable for front panel (same deal without it)

I've carefully watched all capacitors and all are looking ok.

I guess that the motherboard is dead...

Please give me some advices before I'll drop this MB to the garbage and buy a new one or a alternative MB

What MB do you recommend to put in place if I don't find the same model?

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

May 3rd, 2012 19:00

Jonathan333

You need to buy another Dell OEM Dimension 9150/XPS 400 motherboard, these systems have BTX motherboards and chassis, there are no retail motherboards that will fit the Dell BTX chassis available.

Bev.

May 8th, 2012 13:00

Thanks shesagordie, but I can't find that MB, (except eBay)

The motherboard  is officially dead, all other components are OK including the CPU.

So, if led number 2 is ON, and the rest OFF + Power button blinking amber means that you need a new MB ;))

I've bought a "ASRock P5B-DE" (last with socket LGA 775 from the market, LOL) with a new cooler and chassis...

Thanks for support!

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

May 8th, 2012 15:00

Jonathan333

Happy to have helped.

Bev.

10 Elder

• 

43.7K Posts

May 8th, 2012 18:00

There's a refurbished 9150 motherboard here with 90-day warranty. But it's not cheap.

No Events found!