Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 2nd, 2011 20:00

Precision 390 Workstation USB/Card Reader issue

I recently aquired a Dell Precision 390 Workstation and bought a Dell media card reader for it. As soon as I installed it, I began having issues with all the USB ports. Keyboard and mouse began acting up and now are not recognized by Windows 7. I have tried all the USB ports and other good working keyboards/mouse. Nothing works. I have uninstalled the devices and reinstalled. I have used System Restore. I have uninstalled all USB in the Device Manager. I unplugged and took out the card reader, restarted. I even unplugged the system for a minute and turned back on. All this did not work.

I have tried a PS/2 keyboard and it works. I can not try a PS/2 mouse as all the ones I have are USB. I either get "Unknown Device" or the devices light up but are not recognized/working in Windows. i have even tried plugging in a USB flash drive. It did not work. I'm hoping that by plugging in the card reader in the infamous "Flexbay" connection, it didn't screw up all my USB ports. Everything was fine until I installed the card reader.  Please help.

No Responses!
No Events found!