bitpork
1 Copper

RE: Precision T3500 Processor Upgrade

Posted by arhannan on 7 Feb 2017 4:18

Hmm. It was weeks ago. But  tomorrow before the big flat cleaning I can check.

But I am sure the capacitors are not visible wrong. No leaking and no deformity. It still could be ageing however I have no knowledge to measure all of it one by one.

One word like one hundred, after the cpu replacement and push of power button the workstations fans are starting, but that's it.

Coming back after approx 12-14 hours with exact symptoms.

0 Kudos
jjayfus
1 Copper

I just picked up at T3500 with XPDFK motherboard and X5550 CPU OEM with 24 GB ram and hoping i can get the X5650 in her

0 Kudos
Adroit17
1 Copper

Super. Make sure to Upgrade your BIOS to A17 before putting in X5650 in this board, otherwise it will simply refuse to boot, not even DELL Logo.

0 Kudos
CharlesIsWorking
3 Argentium

So, if I was to purchase a Xeon x5690 for my Dell T3500 with motherboard 09KPNV and BIOS A17, I should be ok? Or not? I am quite curious...

This thread seems to suggest I will be ok, but I don't believe it...

en.community.dell.com/.../19598555

www.game-debate.com/.../index.php

I don't have to go 6-core right now, but I sure would like to!

Proverbs 4:7 - Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom; Yea, with all thy getting get understanding.

0 Kudos
chris wesney
1 Copper

I have a Xeon W3690 in mine w/ 6 cores and its run perfect for a couple years now. I have the ram maxed out at 24 gigs (if I remember right-I am on my macbook at work right now) and a radeon r9 390 with an upgraded power supply. It runs great and although I don't game much, I can run DOOM at 75-90fps at 1080p.