Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 15th, 2016 02:00

Problem with new desktops

Dear Dell Customer Service Team,

We recently bought 2 units of Dell OptiPlex 3040 Microtower PC. Since day1, we had so many problems with these 2 computers. The PC doesn't even start and it took about 20 to 30mins easily.

We upgraded the windows version and then tried. But no good results. We lodged a complaint to our supplier and we followed up for 2 months. Our supplier informed us that DELL is unable to settle the issue.

Despite so many follow ups, we called customer service and a ticket was created. The engineer we spoke to didn't even understand our issue and asking us why don't we use laptop instead of desktop. We were wondering how he can suggest us to change. it is our own company and we have decided to buy a desktop. We called only to complaint and get a solution.

Finally they gave a website to download the bios and we managed to install. Then only the PC was ok.

Our question is why in the first place it didn't work as both were new units.

Second, the engineers and support personnel were totally lacking of knowledge. They should have told us and should have guided us in the first place instead of making us wait for few months.

We stopped buying DELL products since 2006. It was due to an incident, that the parts delivered were not genuine. Due to this incident, we stopped purchasing DELL products 10years ago.

Unfortunately after 10 years, we decided to buy but it is again a bad decision. We are a reputable MNC and my management was totally upset with this incident.

Hence we are officially launching a complaint against DELL and we will not buy or recommend DELL products in future.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

July 15th, 2016 17:00

This is a user-to-user forum and isn't the way to contact Dell Customer Service. So don't expect an official response from Dell here.

If the systems still aren't working correctly now, post all the details about the problem, including the version of Windows, and maybe one of the forum members (volunteers) can help you resolve it.

4 Posts

July 15th, 2016 20:00

Hi,

Please send me the link to launch an official complaint. Thanks.

July 15th, 2016 22:00

You mean you are an MNC and do not have an on-site IT tech to help diagnose your problems? That sounds fishy to me. Not even an IT contractor? They can typically get a hold of Dell faster.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 16th, 2016 08:00

4 Posts

July 17th, 2016 18:00

I am from IT as well and I personally spoke to Dell customer service. Instead of providing a solution, they suggested me to use a laptop which I found is not appropriate.

4 Posts

July 17th, 2016 18:00

We did not had any problems with other products. Why Dell cannot solve the issue when we complained for the first time? They should know better than us. I just wanted to complaint and I did not find any appropriate link to launch. That's why I ended up here.

No Events found!