Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

C

August 31st, 2014 15:00

Studio XPS 8100 BIOS Problem - No Display

Hi,

I tried to run a BIOS update which failed and now when pc starts there is no display. I have removed the nvidia graphics card and plugged into dvi output but still no display. 

Is there any way i can prompt the bios to reset to factory without a screen??

Regards

Chris

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

August 31st, 2014 15:00

cooper0001

Remove the CMOS battery on the motherboard, wait 20+- minutes, replace it and see if the PC starts.

If this does not fix the issue, then the solution is to replace the motherboard.

Bev.

October 4th, 2014 01:00

COOPER0001 did happen to resolve your problem?

Hi Bev,

Im experiencing the same problem. BIOS update failed and upon powering the system back up not having a great deal of luck. I have removed the CMOS battery for 20+ minutes (also tried a week) and still no luck, tried the JUMPER reset and still no luck.

Is there any possibility or replacing the BIOS? e.g. soldering in a newie? I hate throwing stuff away.

Thanks,

Stifler ;) 

No it made no difference to me.

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

October 4th, 2014 07:00

Hi Bev,

Im experiencing the same problem. BIOS update failed and upon powering the system back up not having a great deal of luck. I have removed the CMOS battery for 20+ minutes (also tried a week) and still no luck, tried the JUMPER reset and still no luck.

Is there any possibility or replacing the BIOS? e.g. soldering in a newie? I hate throwing stuff away.

Thanks,

Stifler ;) 

CorpStifler

I doubt it, working on a motherboard can require specialized equipment.

The following may be of interest and worth a read

http://www.badflash.com/

As already stated, best to replace the motherboard.

Bev.

No Events found!