Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

September 17th, 2015 14:00

T3600 Reinstall Windows 7

Hello.  Due to a nasty virus, I am trying to execute a clean reinstall of Windows 7 64 bit.  I am able to boot to a USB drive with a Windows 7 image (MSDN).  However, it is unable to detect the hard drive, and I am unable to find success with the "load driver" option.  The computer is a Precision T3600 with a PERC H310 and a single SATA disk drive.  I have downloaded every version of every driver I can find on Dells website, but continue to get the error "To continue installation, use the Load Driver option to install 32-bit and signed 64-bit drivers.  Installing an unsigned 64-bit device driver is not supported and might result in an unusable Windows installation."

It feels like I just haven't found the correct driver yet.  Or perhaps there is an issue using a USB to install windows and a 2nd USB to load the driver?  I am getting increasingly frustrated by what is seemingly a simple task.  If anyone has any advice or suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. 

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

September 17th, 2015 23:00

Make sure your disk is configured in RAID or as a non-RAID volume. Unconfigured will not be presented to the OS.

Otherwise, you should be using this driver:

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01382799M/1/Storage-Controller_Driver_0TM0H_WN32_5.2.222.64_A01.EXE

You must download and run it to extract the files before putting them on a flash drive.

6 Posts

September 18th, 2015 07:00

Thanks for the download link.  Unfortunately, that download will only install.  I have no way to just extract anything from it.  Do you have a different version / link that will allow me to extract only so I an get it on the USB drive?

I'm not sure what changes are necessary for the RAID configuration.  The computer works fine as it is, save for some crippling malware so I assume the volume is configured correctly.  I don't really understand my options when I Ctrl-R into the setup.

-Trevor

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

September 18th, 2015 08:00

You can extract the contents from that version from the command line:

c:\users\%username%\downloads\storage-controller_driver
_0tm0h_wn32_5.2.222.64_a01.exe /e="c:\dell\storage" /s

Or, you can use this one:

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER01382792M/2/DRVR_SAS_Dell_PERC8_Win7_X64_A01_setup-0TM0H_ZPE.exe

6 Posts

September 18th, 2015 09:00

Thank you.  I've already tried that one in your link several times unfortunately.  I'll try the extracted version from the original link just in case, but it looks like the same stuff.  It shows 2 versions when I load it - a 32 bit and a 64 bit.  Neither works. *sad face*

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

September 19th, 2015 15:00

The one nat linked won't work (UNLESS you have you drives hooked up to the onboard SATA, leaving your H310 completely unused).

Try this one, which is an older version of the driver - if your H310 firmware is out of date, it may not be properly supported by the latest driver version:

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER00575782M/9/DRVR_SAS_Dell_PERC8-6MJ1H_Vista_X64_WHQL_setup_ZPE.exe

If that doesn't work, I would try this one. I'm not entirely sure why there are seemingly two very different driver downloads for the H310 controller:

http://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER00575801M/8/DRVR_SAS_PERC_MSM-DV6JF_setup_ZPE.exe

How do you have your disks configured in the CTRL-R configuration utility for the PERC? Remember, you CANNOT leave them unconfigured. If they are not configured properly on the H310, they will NOT be seen by the OS, even if you do have the correct driver. You must either configure a RAID array or configure the disk as a non-RAID volume (the disk may be seen automatically as a non-RAID volume, or it may not depending on the firmware attached to the H310 for the Precision).

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

September 19th, 2015 15:00

I only use the high-end H710, not the H310, so I don't know all the options by heart, but If you have questions about the options in CTRL-R, let me know what you see and I'll help you through it.

6 Posts

September 21st, 2015 09:00

Still no joy.

In Ctrl-R, I haven't done anything - it's still set to whatever the factory default is/was.  I'm not sure what you mean by configuring the disks.  There is only 1 drive - not RAID.  It says Virtual Disks ID:0, 232.37GB.  It is set as the boot device and like I mentioned previously works fine as long as I'm willing to spend 20 minutes killing the malware in task manager every time I log in.  I've added a screen shot of every screen in there. If you can see a change I need to make, please let me know.  Thanks so much for your help.

7 Technologist

• 

16.3K Posts

September 21st, 2015 16:00

Sounds like everything is fine then with the VD.

Did you try the other drivers? What happens when you attempt to load drivers?

No Events found!