Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 14th, 2010 03:00

US Robotic Fax Modem

When I ordered my Dell 5150 Desktop they neglected to install 2 items I requested so they mailed them to me for me to install. At the time, I was unable to install the cards but now I'd like to. Can anyone tell me how to install the v.90 entension card. It did not come with any instructions and theDell site only gives info on how to configure the program once the card is installed. Other than cleaning the CPU's inside, the only other procedure I have accomplished was to add more memory and a battery. Thank you for whatever you can contribute.

klueless2often

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

February 14th, 2010 04:00

There are no US Robotics modem downloads on the 5150 Dell downloads.  If you didn't get a driver disc for this you will have to do a google search and see if you can come up with one.  You will need to know the specific model number of the modem, which may be marked somewhere on the card. 

Apparently you have broadband and do not need the modem for internet.  If you want fax capability, that is the only reason to install it and you may need a fax program too if there is not one in Windows (some versions come with a fax program and some do not).  

Considering the driver and fax program, you may want to just buy a new modem if you really need this capability.  You can get a data/fax modem for about $35 and avoid all the hassles, if you find one that comes with a compatible fax program. 

HERE is the Dell manual (there is a copy pre-loaded on your PC) and it details how to install a PCI card.

No Events found!