Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 10th, 2008 04:00

Vostro 200 and HP C5280 pinter?

I know this is going to sound really stupid to most people; I'm sorry, in advance.  I just got a new Vostro 200. It did not come with a printer so I went to stapels and bought a HP photosxmart C5280. WIll that work?  I haven't even unpacked it yet.  I was told that I had to get special speakers for the Vostro, so now Im wondering if I need a specific printer, too?

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

April 10th, 2008 09:00

If the printer is compatible with the Windows Operating System you have (Vista or XP) then it will work with the Vostro - there is no "special" model needed.  It works with any brand that has USB and is compatible with the operating system.

As far as the speakers, you need Analog "powered" speakers - ones that have their own built in power amplifier.  This, again, is standard with all new PC's - nothing special with the Vostro.

Back to the printer, the correct install sequence is (1) run the installation program and (2) ONLY physically connect the printer when the install program tells you.  If you connect it first either the install will fail or Windows could install an incorrect driver.

No Events found!