Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 4th, 2014 01:00

Wake on LAN not working on Optiplex 3020

I've very recently bought four Optiplex 3020 PCs running Windows 7 Pro.  I wanted Win7 because I'll need to wake these up remotely for support/updates and, of course, this is not possible with Windows 8. Will someone ever change this as it must be a block for corporate adopting this OS?

However, I'm unable to get Wake On LAN to work on any of these PCs. All refuse to wake up!

• Wake-on-lan is enabled, and deep sleep disabled in the BIOS etc - I've also updated to A03
  • Wake-on-lan, magic packet etc. all enabled on the network card
  • Green ethernet, energy efficient ethernet etc. disabled on the network card aswell

The PCs are on a Windows 2012 domain and I'm using the 2012 Essentials dashboard and plugin to send the magic packet.

All other Win7 Pro PCs in the office wake up (these are a mix of older Vostros and Optiplex PCs all running Win 7)

Anyone else seen this?  Does anyone actually have WOL working with the 3020?  Is this a similar problem to the BIOS issue on the 9020's.

Thanks

1 Message

August 28th, 2014 16:00

Disable Deep Sleep in the Bios

Enable Wake on Lan in the Bios

2 Posts

September 2nd, 2014 05:00

Hi,

the problem I had was actually the WOL plugin that I installed into the W2012E dashboard.  the OptiPlex 3020 simply would not wake up with this software.

When I installed a different WOL tool then they suddenly started to wake up correctly.  

It it appears to be an issue with the AWIEBO plugin to the dashboard.

hope this helps a little

No Events found!