Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 14th, 2010 01:00

WinXP read information from BIOS

Hello,

I need retrieve certain BIOS settings when I use WinXP. Its simple for some function like ServiceTAG or Asset TAG.

I cannot read status of remote WakeUp from BIOS. Is exist any tool which I can use to get this information? I dont/cannot install Dell Client Manager. I need simple tool rather.

I use Dell Optiplex 745, 755, 760, 780 and Latitude E6400, 6410, 4310.

Regards

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 14th, 2010 13:00

No such thing as Simple tool.

The Dell Client Configuration Utility (DCCU) is an extremely useful tool for managing multiple Dell clients - asset/inventory reporting, configuration management and BIOS updating - when used in conjunction with a software distribution solution. It also is part of Dell''s product set for simple, automated management for maximizing the value of IT infrastructure.
The DCCU can be installed and run on any administrative client or server. No installation is necessary on the systems to be managed. It is designed to leave zero footprint on the managed system. The user simply runs the utility and chooses which of the following functions to perform on the target systems:
1) Configure various SMBIOS, CMOS, and OS settings
2) Review configuration
3) Retrieve asset and inventory information
4) Update BIOS as needed
5) Shutdown/Restart/WOL as needed

Dell® Client Configuration Utility lets you create a stand-alone package that you can manually run on a Dell client computer to configure a BIOS, update a BIOS, or capture BIOS settings inventory dat...

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 14th, 2010 13:00

http://support.dell.com/support/down...en&s=dhs&cs=19

The Dell Client Configuration Utility (DCCU) is an extremely useful tool for managing multiple Dell clients - asset/inventory reporting, configuration management and BIOS updating - when used in conjunction with a software distribution solution. It also is part of Dell''s product set for simple, automated management for maximizing the value of IT infrastructure.
The DCCU can be installed and run on any administrative client or server. No installation is necessary on the systems to be managed. It is designed to leave zero footprint on the managed system. The user simply runs the utility and chooses which of the following functions to perform on the target systems:
1) Configure various SMBIOS, CMOS, and OS settings
2) Review configuration
3) Retrieve asset and inventory information
4) Update BIOS as needed
5) Shutdown/Restart/WOL as needed

No Events found!