Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 26th, 2011 21:00

Windows Installer for Windows 7 error message

I have been given the following error message when I try to install (actually reinstall) Java in order to play Pogo games: 'Error 1723.  There is a problem with the Windows Installer package.  A Dll required tor this install could not be found'.  Is it possible to reinstall the Windows Installer (for Windows 7) and if so where do I go to get that?  Up until a few days ago Pogo games was working fine and the Java software IS installed.  Please advise.

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

April 27th, 2011 04:00

This section is for desktop hardware problems.  The software section would be the place for your questions.  Click Me

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

April 27th, 2011 08:00

Try to remove Java using Windows Cleanup utility. Click here for a link to the Windows Installer Cleanup Tool.
You can use the utility to remove installation information for programs that were installed by using Windows Installer.

Be aware that Windows Installer CleanUp Utility will not remove the actual program from your computer.

However, it will remove the installation files so that you can start the installation, upgrade, or uninstall over.

After it is removed, restart your computer and then try to install the latest version Java.

If this fails, contact Oracle for further support. www.java.com
You might also look at this article from Oracle.

No Events found!