Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 19th, 2012 07:00

Windows XP CD

I have a new hard drive and need to install a new copy of XP Home.  My computer did not come with an OS CD it came witha piece of paper saying to use system restore.  I have a valid Key on the side of the computer.  Is there any place to download the files so I can put them on the network and copy them to my computer.

Thanks David

3 Apprentice

• 

185 Posts

October 19th, 2012 07:00

Hi David.

Thank you for contacting the community.

Usually when the systems are purchased, an option to have the disk supplied is an additional option and can be purchased.  Where are you based, and i will give you the contact details of technical support.  Also, if you have any other Dell systems available, you can use any of the Dell OEM Windows disks to install windows.

Regards

Kevin

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

October 19th, 2012 15:00

XP will be difficult to impossible to find.  Depends on what country you are in.

Ebay often has DELL XP Home Reinstall CD's.   If the drive is original and you have the recovery partition you can wipe it with factory restore via CTRL F11.

4.4K Posts

May 17th, 2013 00:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity.For assistance,with same issue or a different issue,please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                                      

No Events found!