Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

I

January 5th, 2015 01:00

Wireless Adapter Failing to Work on Dell 7020

Machine : Dell 7020

I am having a bit of a challenge, I am trying to install  D-Link WIRELESS N 300 PCI Express DESKTOP ADAPTER in the above machines.

When I insert the card and try to install the drivers, I get a fuzzy screen after a windows start up.

I also get this as well

And this is just not happening to a single machine, I have tried different PCs same make, different cards but the same effect. I have followed the installation procedure to the letter but I still have the same problem.

But when I tried the card on another PC but it worked there. Has anyone ever experienced this before or can someone point me in the right direction in order to solve this problem 

Any advice is highly appreciated

4 Operator

• 

783 Posts

January 5th, 2015 16:00

4 Operator

• 

783 Posts

January 5th, 2015 16:00

Greetings Islug!

Thanks for your question. I will assist.

First, I have a few question.

1. I assume you’re running the minitower version of the 7020. Correct?

2. If you’re running the minitower, have you tried popping the D-Link card into the x4 slot instead of the x1 slot? You may have the same problem there. I just want to know if this has been tried or not yet. The x4 is show below, outlined in white. The D-Link site says  " You can connect the Wireless N 300 PCI Express Desktop Adapter to any PCIe slot in your computer, whether it is an x1, x4, x8, or x16 slot."

4 Posts

January 5th, 2015 22:00

I have not tried this as yet. I will do this later today and let you know the results

4 Posts

January 5th, 2015 22:00

Hi, 

Yes, you are right, it's the MT version. I inserted the cards in all the slots and tried it but it still gave the same screens after restarting the PC a few times.

4 Posts

January 6th, 2015 06:00

Hi, 

I tried the update but it is still giving the same problems

4 Operator

• 

783 Posts

January 6th, 2015 09:00

Good morning Islug!

Thank you for your feedback and help with troubleshooting this.

Please send me a friend request which includes your name, email, company name and the service tag of an affected 7020. I have some information for you.

1 Message

November 15th, 2015 22:00

Hello,

What's the update with this case?

I've got the same problem with a D-Link DWA 121 USB WiFi Adapter.

I've updated the BIOS as well with no luck.

I've even got a D-Link DWA-525 PCI Adapter, which doesn't even get detected.

3 Posts

September 23rd, 2016 10:00

Hello,

I would also like to know if there has ever been a fix to this issue.

Currently experiencing this problem on multiple 7020s. All above scenarios have been tried.

hardware: Dell supplied wireless cards\dlink wireless cards.

Operating system :windows 7 x64 bit (sp1)

Thank you

3 Posts

September 23rd, 2016 10:00

Hello, has there been a solution for this issue?

I am experiencing this issue on multiple Dell 7020s.

Have tried with dell supplied wireless cards and dlink wireless cards.

Thank you,

Tony

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

September 23rd, 2016 12:00

The solution is to use Wireless AC USB adapters that cost less than $20 each.  The AC speed also requires a wave 2 dual band router like the netgear nighthawk.  You have to change both ends to get the faster speed.

The AC600 DUAL BAND EIDEMAX EW-7811UTC units are under $20 at my local walmart.  They work fine.  They are faster than wired network my fios is 100/100 meg and they get over 80 Meg both ways on speedtest.net.

• Dual-band wireless connectivity for 2.4GHz or 5GHz
  • Maximum WiFi speeds of 433Mbps (5GHz) or 150Mbps (2.4GHz)
  • Complies with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac

https://www.walmart.com/ip/32106870

3 Posts

September 23rd, 2016 13:00

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. Sadly the usb wifi adapter is not an option. These machines are accessed by the public and the usb adapters can/will disappear.

Are there issues with the 7020 Motherboards?

Tony

No Events found!