Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 7th, 2015 23:00

XPS 2720 Intel HD Graphics 4600 and Nvidia Geforce GT 750m

Hello,

Since around 3 weeks and some updates of the driver Windows and Nvidia in May 2015, it seems that the graphic card Nvidia is not used anymore by the PC Dell XPS 2720.

i have tried to completely reinstall the two drivers firstly from the dell website and alternatively from each of the website of intel and Nvidia.

Both cards are included in the device manager (gestionnaire de périphérique), but each time, the intel HD graphics is the only graphics cards which really works and used by the PC for any application or game.

i can check that with softwares as CPUID HW Monitor, Speed fan or CPUID.

Even, if i forced systematically in the NVIDIA Control Panel, the Nvidia card for the global setting or individual setting, the Nvidia card is not used.

Normally the Nvidia should be better for 3D application or games.

Any feedback, solutions or justifications will be much appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,

PS: i have read all the previous posts on the subject and i know the the two graphics cards are working normally together  and have been in the past subject to a number of posts or issues associated to their "recognition" by the PC. i have Windows 8.1.

1.2K Posts

June 29th, 2015 09:00

Hi ,

Thank you for sharing the solution with us.If there are any queries in future do write to us we will be glad to assist you.

Kindest Regards,

1.2K Posts

June 11th, 2015 08:00

Hi ,

Thank you !you have tried most of the troubleshooting steps.It seems to me like a case of faulty system board .I would request you to forward the service tag of the system ,system owner's contact details ,invoice copy to confirm all the details including warranty active on the system to arrange for part replacement .

Hoping to hear from you soon .

Kindest Regards,

5 Posts

June 13th, 2015 06:00

Hi,

Thanks for you response.

I think the warranty has expired.

But i think that it is not a material problem , because when i have run the 3 different tests with Dell Support Assist on the Nvidia video card :

2 tests do not show any activity on the Nvidia car (« short Test «  and « test under constrainst ») but the test called « test Nvidia Cuda » shows that the card is still alive and can work when the card is sollicited. I can see that with the software CPUID HW Monitor.

I think it is more an issue between the 2 drivers Intel and Nvidia and the share of the work / computation between these 2 cards for the applications or for the games.

Could you investigate and liaise as the case may be with Intel  and Nvidia to inform them ?

Best regards,

Fabrice

France

PS: where do i need to send the tag number or the service express number ?

June 13th, 2015 11:00

UPDATE: I went back to nVidia driver version 350.12 and that seems to have fixed this issue.

I too have the same problem on my XPS 2720. It is fairly recent and apart from driver updates, I did have some windows updates that were installed recently. I still am not sure what is causing this issue but it is really annoying as I cannot run games or other 3D software properly as they are forced to used the Intel Graphics instead of nVidia. If you have made any progress or managed to solve this issue, please do let me know. Thanks.

5 Posts

June 14th, 2015 00:00

Hi,

the previous driver of Nvidia version 350.12 does not change the problem. Th Nvidia Card is still not used by the Computer for games or 3d applications.

:(

I hope that the next versions of the two drivers (intel graphics and Nvidia ) will fix this bug.

Best regards,

F

1.2K Posts

June 15th, 2015 12:00

Hi FXCG ,

Thank you for the reply .I will look into details of the NVIDIA and Intel driver as well.Also do send the service tag of the system via private message so that I can check the details of the system .

Kind Regards,

1.2K Posts

June 16th, 2015 10:00

Hi ,

I would ask you to confirm if you have tried using the steps mentioned in this link ,

Kind Regards ,

5 Posts

June 23rd, 2015 00:00

HI, it does not work.

Best regards

5 Posts

June 27th, 2015 03:00

Hi,

It is a driver issue after the 350.12 version.

In fact, i have tried to reinstall the 350.12 after using the tool "Display Driver Unistaller", and then resinstall the 350.12 and now it works as before the Nvidia Card works again!
It is perhaps due to the Physx sofware ?

Any way the Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) / Cleaner made for Display Drivers.(NVIDIA/AMD/INTEL) has worked for me.

Thanks

See the topic below of the Nvidia forum to find the tool to clean the computer before reinstalling the old version:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/550192/geforce-drivers/wagnard-tools-ddu-gmp-tdr-manipulator-new-cpu-core-analyzer-updated-06-17-2015-/

Best regards,

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

June 29th, 2015 10:00

Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) / Cleaner Shows up as russian hacker malware.

Adds keylogger start ups to

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video

November 11th, 2015 06:00

to protect against keyloggers, you can use anti keyloggers :emotion-2:

http://www.spyrix.com/8-best-programs-for-protect-pc-from-keyloggers.php

No Events found!