Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 5th, 2011 08:00

XPS 8300 chassis colors

Hi,

I have a quick question about the chassis colors available for the XPS 8300.

The pictures on the Dell website seem to have a white chassis, which I like very much. However, although I plan to have the computer delivered to a US address (it'll be a gift), I live in the UK and therefore can't order from Dell directly (no international payment options online).

Other popular online retailers who allow international orders seem to only offer the 8300 with a black chassis.

Is the white chassis available from Dell only?

Reviews and such all describe the new 8300 with a white chassis -- the black chassis ones aren't older models, I hope?

Many thanks to anyone who can clear this up for me!

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

October 5th, 2011 08:00

This is a user to user forum, but here in US there is no option for color bezels or cases  for that model-- www.dell.com/.../pd.aspx  That photo for UK looks silver to me. The only color options here are for plastic front panels on some of the budget models.

You should contact Dell Sales directly for help with ordering a US English version computer to ship to US. You might have problems ordering in the UK for delivery to US.

2 Posts

October 5th, 2011 09:00

Hi Mary, thanks for your reply.

I'm planning to make the order online from a US store and have it delivered to a US address. It's only the payment that is causing a problem; Dell only accept payment online from credit cards connected to a US address, and I don't have a US address. So I'm having to buy one from a US store that does accept international payment.

The front panels on the 8300 all seem to be black with a silver edge, but the side/back of the chassis seems to be available in black or white, depending on where you buy. I'd like to find a white chassis, but everywhere other than the Dell website seem to only have the black chassis.

The following two pics show what I mean -- both are XPS 8300, but different colors.

Black chassis: http://bit.ly/pq957f

White chassis: http://bit.ly/nNOtHl

It's not crucial that I get my hands on a white one, but I know the recipient would find the white one more attractive, so it would be nice. I just can't seem to find anything other than black ones and wondered if the white is only available from Dell directly?

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

October 5th, 2011 13:00

You should still call Dell US Sales directly and explain your situation. I'm sure they can arrange payment since they would love to sell to you. Buying from an online store might cause warranty problems for the user and other problems for you.

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

October 5th, 2011 13:00

Another thing--there's no white chassis available directly from Dell on the  website with new models that I could find. See my first post with a link to US listing. Those models in your link are older models that are sold in the Dell Outlet-- www.dell.com/.../pd.  (None are currently available, but they are pictured there)Your link source lists a i5 2300 processor and the ones being sold now are these:

Intel® Core™ i5-2400 processor(6MB Cache, 3.1GHz)

Intel® Core™ i5-2500 processor(6MB Cache, 3.3GHz)

Intel® Core™ i7-2600 processor(8MB Cache, 3.4GHz)

Intel® Core™ i5-2310 processor (6MB Cache, 2.9GHz

No Events found!