Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 28th, 2009 13:00

XPS 9000 and XPS 8000 delivery delay issues

The previous thread that mentioned issues of the Studio XPS 9000 and XPS 8000 being delayed or having extensive build times was locked. After a months time I had ordered mine (9/26) and it was supposed to ship on (10/22), after two delays it finally shipped out and will be received today (10/28). If you have any issues or have found any solutions to help get your systems sooner please help others that have also been in this predicament. It would seem the main issue is due to the high demand of I5 and I7 processors and parts being backordered. If you call customer service after a delay often times they will upgrade you to one day shipping, even though it took them three days to actually get it out.

30 Posts

January 6th, 2010 11:00

Just wondering…is the term poo poo ok?

I use it with my 2 yr old.

Dells “1st come / 1st served” is total poo poo.

And this is really poo pooy customer service.

152 Posts

January 6th, 2010 12:00

So with everyones description of systems ordered, and Kungfuzhun getting system so quickly…this is my theory…

Kungfuzhun had 1.5 TB I’m going to guess 2x750?

Everyone else has 1TB or some multiple.  Maybe that’s the hold up?

Doesn’t make me feel good since my systems have

1TB, 1TB RAID1 (2x1TB), 1TB RAID1 (2x1TB),

I might be waiting FOREVER!

One reason I haven’t bought elsewhere is because I can’t get 1TB anywhere else…retail store or HP website…Hmmmm

That make sense. But its funny that GB750 and 1.5TB have been always the cause to delay your system. I have checked all the order and those are the one usually add up to your shipment estimated date.

Dell Rep, said that everything seems to be in stock otherwise the system should have shown me..

I think at this point any of us who their orders have been delayed to 1/12, if they get the SHIPPED email then we may have some hope.

152 Posts

Cache, 2.80GHz)
8GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz-4x2GB
Dell 23 inch ST2310 WidescreenFlat Panel
nVidia GeForce GTS240 1024MB GDDR3
Serial ATA II RAID 0 With Dual 500GB Hard Drives
16X DVD+/-RW and 16X DVD-ROM

In this case, you have the same order config as me and other member who ordered after us and got his/her unit, except your HDD.

Based on above theory, 500GB is not hot as much and shouldn't delay your order but it did.

So I don't know what is going on.

30 Posts

So with everyones description of systems ordered, and Kungfuzhun getting system so quickly…this is my theory…

One reason I haven’t bought elsewhere is because I can’t get 1TB anywhere else…retail store or HP website…Hmmmm

13 Posts

I've been following this thread for a couple of weeks now, since I'm in the same boat with all of you.

I placed an order for my computer on December 10th. My EDD was moved multiple times from December to January 4th, 8th, and now to 12th. I, as many of you, have been Dell customer for many years for my personal and family needs as well as for business. Never had a problem before.

I've got a good deal on this machine and I can't really match the price anywhere, but Dell's own outlet. I've decided to wait it out until the 12th and see what happens and if it's not going anywhere try getting a refurbished machine.

Here are the specs of the machine on my order:

Studio XPS 8000, Intel Core i7-860 processor(8MB Cache, 2.80GHz)
8GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1066MHz-4x2GB
Dell 23 inch ST2310 WidescreenFlat Panel
nVidia GeForce GTS240 1024MB GDDR3
Serial ATA II RAID 0 With Dual 500GB Hard Drives
16X DVD+/-RW and 16X DVD-ROM

152 Posts

So my wonderful post has its own thread now, HAHA!! Check it out,,,

The post was moved that were you were subscribed to or
have replied to. Below is the new URL to the post:

Subject: Re: XPS 9000 and XPS 8000 delivery delay issues

http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19314137/19625707.aspx#19625707

Thank you,
DELL COMMUNITY team

152 Posts

Just wondering…is the term poo poo ok?

I use it with my 2 yr old.

Dells “1st come / 1st served” is total poo poo.

And this is really poo pooy customer service.

Such a artistic description.... I am in total amaze.

Thank you for this wonderful poetry.

108 Posts

January 6th, 2010 13:00

@nimche - that's probably because this thread has all of those "poo poo" mouths on it:emotion-2:

33 Posts

Check and see if my name has been written on the box by any chance.:emotion-4:

If it does I'm keeping the monitor.

33 Posts

Nope. I didn't order a Raid. As far as I know, it's a single 1.5 TB.  In fact, I made no additions/changes from the original promo offer so there could be something to not making any changes.

On another note, I just got a phone call from Dell customer support asking me if I happened to receive my order early and if I needed any help in setting up my computer. I told them probably not but I would let them know if I had any issues. Since I'm at work, I wouldn't know if it arrived yet or not.

152 Posts

I wouldn't know if it arrived yet or not.

I am still shocked....

Check and see if my name has been written on the box by any chance.:emotion-4:

152 Posts

January 6th, 2010 14:00

If it does I'm keeping the monitor.

no, no,,no. You can't do that! you are cheating.

BTW, check out Dell's new cellphone you may want to switch to ATT and get one of these3

http://content.dell.com/us/en/corp/d/press-releases/2010-01-06-dell-att-smart-phone-deal.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen

152 Posts

January 6th, 2010 17:00

I have never seen Dell Forum Admin to feel sorry about deleting my post, and problem is that they have insulted me by deleting my post and ran over my rights here on the forum. Who is responsible for that.

The biggest part of the problem is that they have put my post in the wrong section. I am very instuled. Dell, where are you?

This is part of their email to me....

We want to notify you that your recent post got deleted by mistake.

I hope they don't delet my order by mistake...Oooooops! Sorry, we will put together an Atari really fast for you and ship it from North Pole very soon.

Such a service we get!....

33 Posts

January 6th, 2010 18:00

I don't know if you guys have been monitoring the other thread on this forum: "XPS 8000...Is it discontinued?" , but there was a post on there about an XPS 8100 being offered on Costco.com.  It only comes with the i5 processor and the 512 video card, but it does have 8GB RAM and the 1T HD. There is no wireless. They have added  a 23" monitor and MS Office Student for a little over $1,000 for Costco members. It will be available starting tomorrow, Jan. 7th. The ad says that the original advertisement was for the XPS 8000, but that has been discontinued and replaced with XPS 8100.  The picture they show is identical to the one we all bought, that could be an old picture because they didn't have an 8100 to show.  Go to www.costco.com and search for: XPS.

To me it looks like the video card might have been the key. A nVidia G310 is offered in the Costco unit. Numerically, from a marketing standpoint, it sounds better than the GTS240 but intial research tells me the G310 is a rebranded G210. That's a downgrade from our 240's. I don't see anything that would be considered an upgrade to give it it's 8100 branding. This doesn't make sense.

108 Posts

January 6th, 2010 18:00

I don't know if you guys have been monitoring the other thread on this forum: "XPS 8000...Is it discontinued?" , but there was a post on there about an XPS 8100 being offered on Costco.com.  It only comes with the i5 processor and the 512 video card, but it does have 8GB RAM and the 1T HD. There is no wireless. They have added  a 23" monitor and MS Office Student for a little over $1,000 for Costco members. It will be available starting tomorrow, Jan. 7th. The ad says that the original advertisement was for the XPS 8000, but that has been discontinued and replaced with XPS 8100.  The picture they show is identical to the one we all bought, that could be an old picture because they didn't have an 8100 to show.  Go to www.costco.com and search for: XPS.

Since we have never gotten a good answer to why all of the delays, we have to assume there was a problem getting some part.  I wonder if the 8100 is simply the 8000 without the unavailable part?  The specs look to be the same as the 8000. If the problems were with chassis, upgraded video cards or the i7 processor availability, they could have solved the problem by eliminating those options. 

Of course, the one offered at Costco.com cannot be customized, it comes in one flavor only.  You would have to do your own customization.

Will the XPS 8100 be available on Dell.com tomorrow also???

No Events found!