Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 28th, 2009 13:00

XPS 9000 and XPS 8000 delivery delay issues

The previous thread that mentioned issues of the Studio XPS 9000 and XPS 8000 being delayed or having extensive build times was locked. After a months time I had ordered mine (9/26) and it was supposed to ship on (10/22), after two delays it finally shipped out and will be received today (10/28). If you have any issues or have found any solutions to help get your systems sooner please help others that have also been in this predicament. It would seem the main issue is due to the high demand of I5 and I7 processors and parts being backordered. If you call customer service after a delay often times they will upgrade you to one day shipping, even though it took them three days to actually get it out.

January 13th, 2010 07:00

Well, it's now been over a month since my 1st email to Dell requesting information, and I still haven't received a single reply. Nothing. Not a thing.  (Remember, they claim that their typical response time to those is "24 hrs or less"   :emotion-42: )

Other than automated messages about the delays, of course.

They continue to ignore me completely. No explanations. No apologies for the delay. No offers for a 'gift card' (didn't even hear about that till much later - not that it would have been much help). No offers to upgrade shipping. Nothing at all.

On one hand, the complete and utter lack of respect is disgusting. On the other hand, it's almost fascinating in that 'horrible car wreck' kind of way. You know you should turn away, but somehow you can't help but watch.

Just how bad will it get?

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 13th, 2010 12:00

I cannot say anything more than what your hearing from the phone reps. I know that stinks.

30 Posts

Dell? is it really you?  in Texas?

I'm assuming you can't give details as to what is causing the delays.  Since no one that I am aware of has been able to get that answer and I've tried via email/chat/phone to get the answer myself.

I know you can't give a date when my system will actually be delivered.  Dell doesn't want to be held to a gauranteed date.  Therefore the EDD dates.

But can you answer just this 1 generic question?  I'm sure the answer would be appreciated by a lot of people... 

Over the last few months (say since sept/oct) what is the average time from date of order to delivery of XPS 8000 systems?  I know each one is individual based on individual configuration.  But just an average guestimate of all/any XPS 8000s...please...a guesstimate...just some number you randomly pick...I have a small business I ordered 4 systems on 12/4/09 (laptop delivered on time).  3 XPSs keep getting delayed.  I am unable to get the same configuration in outlet.  I just need some idea if I can expect these PCs in around 1 month, 3 months, 6 months?  Maybe an even more generic question...what is the longest "order to delivery" time that you are aware of.  All I'm asking for is your observations...no data...no one will hold you to anything...maybe you were just daydreaming and thinking ...hmmm it's been taking about X days for people's XPS 8000s to be delivered lately. 

Any insight into the situation (besides "the model was very popular", "sometimes parts may not be available", "I'm sure you'll be very happy with your system when it arrives", "we can't give you an actual date but we do give you and EDD") would be extremely appreciated!

I'm just looking for generic info...anything!

Thanks in advance...you're the coolest Dell employee EVER!  :emotion-11:

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

atuarre,

Checking...

49 Posts

I posted about my order yesterday, and Dell deleted my post citing TOS violations for harassment when there was no vulgar language, or harassment. I simply stated that I hoped that I would have a quick and positive experience with Dell. What is the deal?

30 Posts

January 13th, 2010 13:00

I cannot say anything more than what your hearing from the phone reps. I know that stinks.

Yes...very stinky  :emotion-6:

152 Posts

January 13th, 2010 14:00

Dell? is it really you?  in Texas?

Nah, Its the lovely Chris the great. Welcome to this thread.

108 Posts

January 13th, 2010 14:00

We have learned from having a number of postings deleted here that there is an automatic TOS deletion if you use asterisks.  I am guessing the problem, in their eyes, is that a reader might imagine something more rude or vulgar than you intended.  Of course, if the reader has that vulgar of an imagination, they are probably not offended!

3 Posts

January 13th, 2010 16:00

Not sure I understand the hysteria about delivery delays for XPS9000.  I ordered on 1/3/2010 and original EDD way 1/25/2010.  System shipped and will be here Friday.  Kudos to Dell.

108 Posts

Not sure I understand the hysteria about delivery delays for XPS9000.  I ordered on 1/3/2010 and original EDD way 1/25/2010.  System shipped and will be here Friday.  Kudos to Dell.

It does seem that all of the reported delivery delays are on the XPS 8000. I guess it is no coincidence that there are no XPS 9000s available from the Dell Outlet. There are a number of XPS 435s, which I understand was the predecessor model to the 9000.  Can anyone tell me the difference?  There are some well equipped XPS 435s available for about the same price and configuration (except, of course it has an i7-920 processor) of the 8000 I paid for that may never come. I was considering buying an 8100, but, as an option I can get the equivalent of a 9000 for the same price.

1 Message

I just cancelled my XPS 8000 order, after Dell delayed it for a fifth time.  

Dell has put me through an absolutely miserable experience as I tried to buy an XPS 8000, i7-860, 8GB RAM, 1TB HD, 1024MB nVidia GT 220.  I ordered this system on 11/29/09, and Dell has given me the following Estimated Delivery Dates:  12/16; 01/05; 01/06; 01/13; 01/20. 

After waiting over a month and a half, with 4 missed delivery dates, and no explanation or apology from Dell, I have given up on that company, now and forever. 

5 Posts

January 13th, 2010 17:00

That's interesting to know.  My last delay was about 4 weeks before I decided to switch over to the 8100.  The rep worked hard to give me the same configuration as the xps 8000 that was on delay.  The changes - H57 chipset, 1333 Mhz, and THX sound Trustudio all sound like improvements.  So if you get another delay you may want to use that as an opportunity to get the xps 8100.

49 Posts

January 13th, 2010 18:00

Err. Really depends on if he ordered a stock XPS9000 without customizing it i think...not sure though. As I posted earlier before my thread was deleted, I ordered an XPS 9000 that I customized, the major differences being that i opted for the ATI card and added a second HD, 12GB memory, the Titanium sound card, and the blueray and dvd writer drives. Hopefully my system is delivered just as quickly as BTDFXD's was.

I can wait a few weeks. I am willing to wait a month, but asking someone to wait longer than that, well...I think that is rather ridiculous, regardless of shortages in supply. I will keep an open mind and hopefully the next week it will ship.

Community Manager

• 

54.9K Posts

January 13th, 2010 22:00

atuarre,

Your post was deleted by design of the filter. When you listed the description of the PC, this line was tagged, "991-4972 Your Tech Team Unlimited (Point Of Sale) SKU - 2 YR valid contract". The normal shorthand would not spell it out as I did. Do you see what the bolded letters would be percieved as?

13 Posts

January 14th, 2010 07:00

I must be dreaming. Now there is a big sale on XPS 8000 on Dell's main page. They can't ship ours, yet they have a big sale event going for the same machines. Either way, the deal that I got in December was much better than the current one. And at that I called yesterday to cancel my order, even though it's still showing up as in production today.

I found an even better deal on outlet, that will let me replace the ram with faster chips, get a new HD and still come out cheaper. So now I just have to get them to actually cancel my first order, not just say that they will.

No Events found!