Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 1st, 2011 11:00

You promised a refund, why have I called 4 times and still not received it?

On December 15th, my 4 month old 580s would not boot into Windows. I got a message "Loading WIndows 7", and the computer would just hang there, going no further.

I restored to prior versions without success in resolving the issue. I finally did a ground up Windows 7 install...still, would not boot.. I called Dell Support. The agent said the computer was under warranty, but this was a software issue and I would have to pay $129.00 plus tax. Which I did. He then proceeded to do a number of things and finally, the computer booted into Windows. I was gone for a week and when I returned, attempted to turn on the computer, and had the same error...computer would not load Windows. I took the computer to a local tech support company who, for $30.00, diagnosed the problem as a failing graphics card.

I called Dell, who promised to send out a replacement graphics card and tech to install it. Which they did. However, I also asked for a refund for the sofwtare support as it was *not* a software problem, but a hardware problem. The CS agent agreed...as did his supervisor who I spoke to as well.

The replacement graphics did indeed fix the problem once and for all.

And, I have now had to call Dell four times to find about my refund...which I still haven't received. The most recent excuse was the actual refund should be $136.35, including tax and the prior agent requested a refund of $129.00 which was rejected...and no one thought to reenter the correct amount....until I called again today for the fourth time to inquire and another agent said he would enter the refund with the correct amount ("This time for sure!"). Oh, yes...I called late last week and was told it would take 7 days, and as at that time it had been 5 days, I would absolutely see the refund today...I didn't, of course, and the refund had been rejected  two days before I called last week.

May not be a runaround....might just be an egregious example of superior bad service. However...it sure seems like a runaround. After all, it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck....Dell may have lost my business now, after 3 laptops, and 3 desktops.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

February 1st, 2011 12:00

Hi LSDS,

We are users like you. So there is really nothing we can suggest other than to keep calling.

Good luck!

10 Elder

• 

46K Posts

February 1st, 2011 12:00

lsds

Sorry to hear about the refund issue and sincerely hope that Dell soon resolves it.

Bev.

2.2K Posts

February 1st, 2011 15:00

I would add a suggestion to check with your credit card company about disputing the charge. If you have any documentation that they agreed a refund is in order, that would help....

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

February 2nd, 2011 14:00

The 580s doesnt come with a "Graphics Card" that I know of.

It uses the Built in INTEL Graphics solution.

580 Towers Might come with Radeon 5450 but not the Slim Models.

3 Posts

February 2nd, 2011 16:00

What a great idea...thanks for the suggestion.

3 Posts

February 7th, 2011 14:00

All,

Thank you for your replies:

The 580s not only has a graphics card, the card also has a fan.

Dell has processed the credit. Although my bank was happy to also charge back, based upon the copy of the chat...

So, bottom line:

When asking for support in the future, I will use Dell's chat, and copy the chat session and save it on my hard drive

After 3 desktops and 4 laptops, I'm not sure I will continue to buy Dell computers.../though the service on the replacement of the graphics card was first rate, I'm starting to think Dell has gotten too large.

April 3rd, 2013 08:00

Hello LSDS,

Next time you contact dell right away asked to go to a suppervisor and make sure you get everyones ID number and name for records. Explain to them what happened and they should help if not ask to go as high up as you can go. That should help Good Luck.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

April 3rd, 2013 12:00

The best place for issues like this is the customer care forum.

No Events found!