Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 6th, 2013 04:00

Zino 400 running Windows 8

I'm now running my Zino 400 HD with Windows 8 and on the whole it seems fine. But I do have some issues that I'd be glad to have some help with:-

1. I can't jump into BIOS any longer when powering on. F-key depressions are ignored!

2. The HDMI audio out is said to be unplugged despite my having HDMI cable plugged in.

3. I can't get HDMI video signal to be detected by my new Sony Bravia TV. The ZINO detects the TV but TV does not detect the Zino? I checked it out against and older, Dell as it happens, TV and all was fine with the video signal so there would appear to be extra checks on the signal being done on the Sony.

My video card is AMD Radeon 4330 by the way.

4 Operator

• 

34.2K Posts

January 6th, 2013 04:00

Hi Wyntha,

Do you see the Dell logo during boot? I agree the timing of getting into the BIOS in Win 8 is tricky but generally tapping (not holding) the F2 key just before the Dell logo appears will get you into the BIOS.

So just to clarify, you are able to get an HDMI picture on an older TV but not the Sony? Have you checked the AMD site for updated drivers for your video card? This could be a DRM issue, which could make it tough to diagnose.

56 Posts

November 4th, 2013 11:00

Since writing the initial post I've upgraded to Windows 8.1. I still can't get into the BIOS by pressing F2 or F12 and am now wondering if it's to do with the fact that I have a wireless keyboard? Could this be it?

The major problem I've been suffering since going to 8.1 preview some months ago and now the official release of 8.1 is that the system is having problems starting up from scratch or from a Restart. The windows logo appears after the boot screen disappears but then it just hangs there for 20 minutes or so before I can log in. Sometimes Windows seems to repair itself after the 20 minutes or so. I'm not sure if this is a BIOS issue, boot sector/record issue or what. How can I get to the bottom of this? Is anyone else out there running 8.1 on a Zino 400 HD?

No Events found!