Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 29th, 2011 14:00

diskette drive 0 seek failer is going on to boot; No boot devices strike F1 key to continue retry to reboot, or press F2 for set up utility

This is normal, your computer asking to connect floppy drive because it is àset in bios, now all you need to do is------- Go in your BIOS set up and disable floppy thing, you are good to go without this error any more, you won’t see any messege bellow that says strike F2 to rety reboot. It will boot smoothely like a new computer. I solved that error messege easily.

July 29th, 2011 14:00

I asked question ans also answered it, so just take a look if it concern to your problem. good luck

2 Posts

August 1st, 2011 06:00

I have the same problem but my dimension 9100 will not work with my hard drive out of my 5100, getting same message asking for floppy drive,

August 1st, 2011 14:00

I think, it doen't matter what dimension that box is because all we need to do is diable flopy drive and try, don't let buy another sata easily bcoz I know everyone can solve this problem within 24 hours, if they really want to solve. they just have to try something by changing booting order, and that will fix problem.  let us know what kind of problem you got..

No Events found!