Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 3rd, 2009 16:00

how to install sound card?

Hello"

my del dimension 8100_P4_1.3_640 memory w/xp p2

I try replace the sound card creative live SB to the HT Omega stiker 7.1, but I can not find the  driver & software of creative to uninstall, they are not in add & removed program. would anyone help me please!!!!!

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 4th, 2009 06:00

The drivers are not easily uninstalled and if left on the PC will not interfere with a new Sound Card. 

If there is nothing in Add/Remove Programs, the only thing you can do is look for a Creative (or SoundBlaster) folder in the C"\Programs Files and delete the data. 

You will have to delete (or disable) any Creative/SoundBlaster item in the Startup.  Click on Start then Click Run, enter  "msconfig" (without the quotes) and that will bring up the configuration panel.  On the startup section, disable any Creative/SoundBlaster items. 

That's about all you can do without advanced knowledge of the Registry (and you don't want to do anything in the Registry without backing it up).  The only other option is to do a complete reinstall (reformat the hard drive and install everything) and that will remove any Creative/SoundBlaster items.

5 Posts

March 4th, 2009 08:00

Hi Fireberd:

thank you for your information, I will try, sounds compicated to me. please if you have more information , please pass it to me, thank you!!

kimlong

9 Legend

• 

33.3K Posts

March 4th, 2009 10:00

If the new sound card works OK, don't worry about the old SoundBlaster drivers and software, as it's not interferring with anything and the drivers are not loading since the SoundBlaster is gone. 

5 Posts

March 18th, 2009 16:00

Hi Fireberd:

Thanks for your information, you nail it, I just pull the soundblaste card out, and insert the new stiker 7.1, it work good. pc and sound card work great.

but now I have different problem, I dowload the qicktime apple, it doesn't give  any erorr, but the sound gone, no sound on any devices on pc, except the line in on sound card still work, any sound on board gone!!!!!!! could you please help!!!!!!!

thanks

452 Posts

March 18th, 2009 17:00

Did you try going to Device Manager (Start, Right click My Computer,properties,click hardware tab,Device manager) and uninstall it from there?

5 Posts

March 18th, 2009 18:00

hi:

yes I did, all sound device listed, but no sound come out, any play on pc, not at all, after I download the quiktime apple,????????

but line in on sound card still work good, only sound intergate not work

kimlong

4.6K Posts

March 19th, 2009 12:00

Quicktime shouldn't disable - or affect audio in any way?

Try reinstalling the audio drivers for the new card?

Then uninstall Quicktime, and use QuickTime Alternative instead :emotion-55:

5 Posts

March 19th, 2009 15:00

thanks for your helping, I reinstall the audio driver, It worked. I got back the sound!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks again!!!

4.6K Posts

March 21st, 2009 11:00

I reinstall the audio driver, It worked. I got back the sound!!!!!!!!!!!!

:emotion-11: :emotion-21:

No Events found!