Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

N

January 27th, 2017 03:00

internal speakers stopped working but headphones are still working

I have a dell laptop inspiron  3558 with intel core i5 with win 10 ...this morning all of a sudden its internal speakers stopped working after i  unplugged my headphones ..I have used headphones before multiple times with no problems ...in audio settings it shows the speakers are enabled and the sound bar is moving but theres no sound ..I plug the headphones back or external speakers  ,those are  working ..troubleshoot is telling me the inbuilt speakers are working fine and cannot detect any problem ..I tried reinstalling the audio driver ,then restarting , then updating with the new Microsoft hd audio driver ,stopped all enhacements restarting again ,still not working ...is this a mechanical problem or a software problem ? I barely had this laptop for 4 months ...will reinstalling windows solve the problem or what should I do ? is the sensor not working ?

• 

17K Posts

January 31st, 2017 05:00

natalie77,

You can uninstall the audio driver, reboot and then install the chipset driver,reboot and installt the audtio driver from the Dell Drivers link below.

Inspiron 3558 Drivers Downloads and Manuals

http://dell.to/2kLfGGV

January 31st, 2017 07:00

If your problem is not solved after re-installing the operating system, the problem will be hardware trouble.

No Events found!