Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 22nd, 2005 05:00

keyboard stops responding

While typing email, using word, or anything requiring the keyboard, occasionally I lose the cursor and have to click the mouse on the screen or on the window I'm in to get it back.  Why does it do this and how can I fix it.

271 Posts

January 22nd, 2005 09:00

I might be the mouse--try a different mouse, same style PS2 of USB. If it wireless it might be the battery, have you rebooted lately? Make sure the mouse connection is secure.

11 Posts

January 22nd, 2005 20:00

Microsoft wireless mouse, new battery, and have rebooted a couple of times, changed USB port too, still happens.

271 Posts

January 22nd, 2005 21:00

I have had problem with wireless mice--- Thats why I wont use them --try another mouse to make sure its not in the computer try a USB or PS2 install it and reboot and see thats up.

76 Posts

January 22nd, 2005 22:00

"occasionally I lose the cursor and have to click the mouse on the screen or on the window I'm in to get it back"

This is not due to a bad mouse. He is talking about the cursor.

I also have this happening when I have a lot running ie. Outlook & several other running in the background. Usually after I hit return & Avast is getting the latest virus definitions. It never bothered me enough to worry about it.

11 Posts

January 23rd, 2005 00:00

You're both right in a way.  The cursor quits "blinking" in the middle of any program I type in, email, word, works, etc.  There is no recognizable pattern.  Sometimes it happens only with word open.  Sometimes I'll have more than 1 program open and it won't happen.  It is very annoying.  Sometimes I can't finish a word without it happening.  Sometimes I can type forever and it won't happen.  I believe it is some kind of communication problem with the wireless mouse, not the keyboard.  If Microsoft's mouse does this, then what is a good wireless mouse that won't?

271 Posts

January 23rd, 2005 11:00

Logitech seems to get the best reviews--My son has a logitech mouse and keyboard and loves it, never a problem I have one and its sitting here on a shelf.---- Myself I do a lot of highend gaming and a USB 2.0 wired mouse and keyboard fits my bill--
No Events found!